Portal Forums Links Register FAQ Community Calendar Log in

Join Early Retirement Today

Fidelity Greenline Forum
Old 12-12-2016, 10:11 PM   #1
Full time employment: Posting here.

Fidelity Greenline Forum

From time to time I receive an e-mail inviting me to provide feedback to one or another investment co that I have accounts with. Perhaps Fidelity most frequently of all. Has anyone joined this forum, or any similar one? I have always deleted and ignored the invitations, and am inclined to do so this time as well. Feels too much like work, for one thing. My generally cynical attitude about their usefulness is another reason. But felt like asking this community out of curiosity. If anyone has joined, was it worth doing?
mamadogmamacat is offline   Reply With Quote
Join the #1 Early Retirement and Financial Independence Forum Today - It's Totally Free!

Are you planning to be financially independent as early as possible so you can live life on your own terms? Discuss successful investing strategies, asset allocation models, tax strategies and other related topics in our online forum community. Our members range from young folks just starting their journey to financial independence, military retirees and even multimillionaires. No matter where you fit in you'll find that Early-Retirement.org is a great community to join. Best of all it's totally FREE!

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest so you have limited access to our community. Please take the time to register and you will gain a lot of great new features including; the ability to participate in discussions, network with our members, see fewer ads, upload photographs, create a retirement blog, send private messages and so much, much more!

Old 12-13-2016, 09:25 AM   #2
Give me a museum and I'll fill it. (Picasso)
Give me a forum ...

I just signed up. It looks like a way for them to get feedback from a well defined and documented user base. So maybe long term a benefit for us, but more likely a very nice short term benefit for them. I'll give it a try and then wait and see.
COcheesehead is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-13-2016, 01:50 PM   #3
Give me a forum ...

I have ignored the request, but I did fill out a Fido survey a few months ago. The survey asked what Fido could do to improve things and get me to move more money to Fido. I responded, "Give me free money in the form of bonuses and free trades. The bigger the bonus, the better."

I note that shortly thereafter, they seem to have introduced a cash bonus system to replace their frequent flyer miles system.
LOL! is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-13-2016, 01:59 PM   #4
Administrator

Over the past few years I have participated in Fidelity Greenline Forum surveys and earned over $200 in Amazon gift tokens. My wife's tIRA and Roth were with Fidelity, and the money making surveys involved collecting the routine emails she receives (she is registered with my email so easy to move them to a folder as they come in), and after a week responding to a few questions on each email received. (every email comes with a serial number which is reported as part of the survey so I couldn't just invent stuff)

Last month she moved her accounts to Vanguard so I don't expect to be doing any more surveys.
Old 12-13-2016, 02:17 PM   #5
Full time employment: Posting here.

Thanks, all. Sounds like it might be worth trying for me. I only have roughly 25% of taxable funds with Fidelity, my major purchases money mainly. So will have an account with them til I croak or end up in the nursing home should I beat the genetic lottery and last that long.
mamadogmamacat is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-13-2016, 02:40 PM   #6
Give me a forum ...

I'm on Greenline and respond occasionally. I get more benefit from ERewards surveys in the form of IHG points.
Old 12-13-2016, 02:43 PM   #7
Thinks s/he gets paid by the post

Don't do surveys unless really inspired.
Old 12-17-2016, 09:37 AM   #8
Give me a forum ...

I got the invite recently and I might give it a go. There are some annoying issues with the mobile app that I'd like to see addressed. I think I read that there are 12k participants so I don't expect the rewards to be significant.
Old 12-17-2016, 11:43 AM   #9
Thinks s/he gets paid by the post

I joined but haven't got any surveys yet. If there is "pay" in the form of Amazon money, bring on the surveys.

Looking at the survey results from November, it looks like most of the respondents are ER-org or BH participants. Low fees and transparent fees are most important items in the first survey I looked at.
Another Reader is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-17-2016, 12:03 PM   #10
Administrator

Quote:
Originally Posted by Another Reader View Post

Looking at the survey results from November, it looks like most of the respondents are ER-org or BH participants. Low fees and transparent fees are most important items in the first survey I looked at.
On every survey I've done for them I always check low fees at every opportunity.
Old 12-17-2016, 02:40 PM   #11
Give me a forum ...

Makes sense. They are recently promoting "lower fees than VG for similar funds" and they removed many short term trading fees on their funds. Definitely think I'll sign up.
Old 12-18-2016, 03:32 AM   #12
Give me a forum ...

i don't get to wrapped up in fidelity's fee's as long as the performance is there .

i mean just look at fidelity total bond fund vs vanguards over every single time frame as an example . those fidelity returns include the fee's . i will gladly pay my slightly higher fees at fidelity .
mathjak107 is offline   Reply With Quote