Portal Forums Links Register FAQ Community Calendar Log in

Join Early Retirement Today

Old 08-09-2016, 12:31 PM   #121
Give me a museum and I'll fill it. (Picasso)
Give me a forum ...

just got an update from fidelity on it

Thank you for choosing Fidelity for your investing needs!

This message is a follow up to an issue that you reported with the Full View tool on Fidelity.com. You reported that your Fidelity credit card account through Elan was no longer updating in Full View. We escalated this to our Full View development team for investigation.

Our developers have notified us that currently Fidelity credit card accounts through Elan cannot be added to the Full View tool on Fidelity.com for automatic download of your account information. This inability is a result of the transition of the credit card accounts from FIA Card Services to Elan.

We are working with Elan on a resolution or alternative that will allow for the automatic download of your credit card account information into Full View. While this is a priority issue, we do not yet have a date for when a resolution will be reached.

In the interim, you do have the ability to add this account to Full View as a manual account. This will involve the manual editing of balance information, as well as transaction information if the transaction data is important to you.

This will result in the account being included in your Net Worth statement in Full View. This is a potential workaround for you while we are working with Elan on a more optimal solution.
mathjak107 is online now   Reply With Quote
Join the #1 Early Retirement and Financial Independence Forum Today - It's Totally Free!

Are you planning to be financially independent as early as possible so you can live life on your own terms? Discuss successful investing strategies, asset allocation models, tax strategies and other related topics in our online forum community. Our members range from young folks just starting their journey to financial independence, military retirees and even multimillionaires. No matter where you fit in you'll find that Early-Retirement.org is a great community to join. Best of all it's totally FREE!

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest so you have limited access to our community. Please take the time to register and you will gain a lot of great new features including; the ability to participate in discussions, network with our members, see fewer ads, upload photographs, create a retirement blog, send private messages and so much, much more!

Old 08-10-2016, 02:40 AM   #122
Give me a forum ...

coincidentally elan appeared today in full view's net worth screen
Old 08-10-2016, 04:14 PM   #123
Thinks s/he gets paid by the post

Quote:
Originally Posted by mathjak107 View Post
coincidentally elan appeared today in full view's net worth screen
Still no Elan in Full View for me. When I click to 'Add an Account', then type 'Elan', there is no relevant selection available.

I spoke to a Fidelity rep last night who said this was a high priority but still no ETA on a fix.

Perhaps yours is working because you had it set up before the transition. (?) For me there's simply no option to add Elan at this point.
Old 08-10-2016, 04:18 PM   #124
Give me a forum ...

it is there but it isn't listed as elan . you have to type in comerica . it will say elan next to it . that is it!

they should change the indexing so typing elan brings it up . it reads comerica (elan) as of now . i guess they may be tied in to comerica which is a financial company . i found it by accident searching for something else .
Old 08-10-2016, 06:16 PM   #125

Quote:
Originally Posted by mathjak107 View Post
it is there but it isn't listed as elan . you have to type in comerica . it will say elan next to it . that is it!

they should change the indexing so typing elan brings it up . it reads comerica (elan) as of now . i guess they may be tied in to comerica which is a financial company . i found it by accident searching for something else .
Nope, not for me. I just confirmed the "Comerica Credit Cards (Elan)" option is no longer there. I searched using both 'Elan' and 'Comerica'. Before the transition, it was there, but it didn't work correctly with the new Elan accounts. It's now been removed until they can fix the interface.
Old 08-10-2016, 06:33 PM   #126
Give me a forum ...

wow , i added it last night from scratch and i still have it today .

follow up- i just looked and it is gone again .
Old 08-11-2016, 03:15 AM   #127
Give me a forum ...

i have it back in networth and working again as of this morning
Old 08-21-2016, 09:58 AM   #128
Recycles dryer sheets

Received my first paper statement for the Elan Fidelity card. Has anyone been able to shut off paper statements? The FAQ page says "How do I enroll for Online Statements Only and discontinue paper statements? To enroll, login to Credit Card Online Account Access, and select the "Online Statements" link within the 'Transactions Details' page and follow the enrollment steps." I see no such steps under My Account > Online Statements, only a link to the PDF statement.
Done is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-21-2016, 10:27 AM   #129
Give me a forum ...

I didn't do anything and my e statement preference rolled over from the old card.
COcheesehead is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-21-2016, 11:55 AM   #130

I enrolled in online statements as well as autopay when I first got the card. It was straightforward. You may want to go back and look harder at your account page to find it. I think it may be under Account Services.
braumeister is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-22-2016, 08:30 PM   #131
Give me a forum ...

I thought I had enrolled in estatements but got a paper statement today. Will track it down.
Old 08-23-2016, 09:22 AM   #132

Here's a really stupid question about this card. It's through Fidelity, so it's accessible on the Fidelity website. Clunky compared to most bank sites, but usable. Is there another website that is for Elan cards? Or is the idea to get you to click through the Fidelity website in hopes you will open a cash management account and buy a stock or two and perhaps one of their mutual funds while you are visiting?
Another Reader is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-23-2016, 09:28 AM   #133
Give me a forum ...

Quote:
Originally Posted by Another Reader View Post
Here's a really stupid question about this card. It's through Fidelity, so it's accessible on the Fidelity website. Clunky compared to most bank sites, but usable. Is there another website that is for Elan cards? Or is the idea to get you to click through the Fidelity website in hopes you will open a cash management account and buy a stock or two and perhaps one of their mutual funds while you are visiting?
Maybe, but I think the real reason is to give current clients the ability to have a one stop financial source.
Old 08-23-2016, 09:51 AM   #134

I have invested at Fidelity for a long time, but never considered using them as a bank. It looks like the cash management account is FDIC insured, although I don't see the bank name.

My real question is the card. Must you access it through Fido or is there another site I need to investigate?
Old 08-23-2016, 09:56 AM   #135

Quote:
Quote:
...My real question is the card. Must you access it through Fido or is there another site I need to investigate?
If you click through from the main Fidelity website, you end up at www.fidelityrewards.com. This is a mirror image of Elan's regular website at www.myaccountaccess.com, but with Fidelity branding. You can sign up for a separate login at either of these sites and avoid Fidelity.
Old 08-23-2016, 10:31 AM   #136
Give me a forum ...

Quote:
I have invested at Fidelity for a long time, but never considered using them as a bank. It looks like the cash management account is FDIC insured, although I don't see the bank name.
It's UMB
Old 08-23-2016, 10:40 AM   #137

That's what I was looking for. I would rather not risk compromising the Fidelity account by using it to access the credit card account.
Old 08-23-2016, 10:41 AM   #138
Give me a forum ...

Quote:
I find this a convenient way to access my Elan VISA account. Especially as bill pay is right there also.
Old 09-01-2016, 03:51 PM   #139
Administrator

My old Fidelity card was replaced with a new one also. I just found out that when they switched over, they didn't include any current autopay set-up, but also didn't notify anyone. Not sure why, and they aren't clear either, but the agent I spoke with recognized the problem immediately. That is, when I called to find out why my card had been declined.

She wanted a minimum payment on the phone, I chose instead to pay the entire last bill online ( like others here, I never carry a a balance) , and she confirmed all interest charges and late fees will be credited.
MichaelB is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 09-01-2016, 07:12 PM   #140
Give me a forum ...

Quote:
Originally Posted by MichaelB View Post
My old Fidelity card was replaced with a new one also. I just found out that when they switched over, they didn't include any current autopay set-up, but also didn't notify anyone. Not sure why, and they aren't clear either, but the agent I spoke with recognized the problem immediately. That is, when I called to find out why my card had been declined.

She wanted a minimum payment on the phone, I chose instead to pay the entire last bill online ( like others here, I never carry a a balance) , and she confirmed all interest charges and late fees will be credited.
I received multiple mailings and emails. You didn't get ANY notice? That's weird.