Join Early Retirement Today

Old 02-11-2015, 04:13 PM   #21

Quote:
Originally Posted by audreyh1 View Post
There are two different kinds of accounts at Fidelity, mutual fund accounts and brokerage accounts. I downloaded my 1099 for my mutual fund account in Jan. But my brokerage account one won't be available until 2/14.

So that explains the different answers people are giving.

Or it could be that if you only have Fidelity funds in any account they can get it done faster.
This is how Vanguard distributes their 1099's.

Join the #1 Early Retirement and Financial Independence Forum Today - It's Totally Free!

Are you planning to be financially independent as early as possible so you can live life on your own terms? Discuss successful investing strategies, asset allocation models, tax strategies and other related topics in our online forum community. Our members range from young folks just starting their journey to financial independence, military retirees and even multimillionaires. No matter where you fit in you'll find that Early-Retirement.org is a great community to join. Best of all it's totally FREE!

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest so you have limited access to our community. Please take the time to register and you will gain a lot of great new features including; the ability to participate in discussions, network with our members, see fewer ads, upload photographs, create a retirement blog, send private messages and so much, much more!

Old 02-11-2015, 04:19 PM   #22
Full time employment: Posting here.

Quote:
There are two different kinds of accounts at Fidelity, mutual fund accounts and brokerage accounts. I downloaded my 1099 for my mutual fund account in Jan. But my brokerage account one won't be available until 2/14.

So that explains the different answers people are giving.

Or it could be that if you only have Fidelity funds in any account they can get it done faster.
My account is a brokerage account and got my report last week.

Old 02-11-2015, 04:32 PM   #23
Thinks s/he gets paid by the post

Quote:
Originally Posted by Cobra9777 View Post
Online availability of 1099s for taxable brokerage accounts is Feb 14 or earlier, according to their website and email communications. Mine is still not available.

Note however that all the data is readily available under the "Tax Info" tab, including qualified vs non-qualified dividends. I've already got all my tax calculations completed for 2014 based on the info there. I'll wait for the official 1099 to confirm everything, but I've never noticed a change in the data from around mid-January through final 1099. In December and earlier, many of the dividends on non-Fidelity holdings are listed as non-qualified, even though I know they are qualified. This typically gets updated in the first half of January.
Thanks for the tip! I have not explored many options on the site, so never found the Tax Info tab (Accounts & Trade > Portolio > Tax Information). Since its just a few days more until the deadline, I think I'll wait. But if they're the only ones I'm waiting for next year, I'll go with what's on that page. Or better yet, not have made an interest free loan to uncle sam!
Old 02-11-2015, 06:36 PM   #24
Give me a museum and I'll fill it. (Picasso)
Give me a forum ...

Quote:
Originally Posted by BBQ-Nut View Post
My account is a brokerage account and got my report last week.
Do you have any non-Fidelity investments?
Old 02-11-2015, 06:42 PM   #25

Quote:
Do you have any non-Fidelity investments?
Yes - some individual stock - and it is in the consolidated 'brokerage' form that was posted last week.
Old 02-11-2015, 06:50 PM   #26
Give me a forum ...

I also got my Fidelity brokerage 1099 last week. Also got Vanguard mutual fund 1099DIV in January.

I got my WellsTrade consolidated 1099 this week.

Still waiting for TDAmeritrade.

The speed of delivery and accuracy of 1099s should be part of broker rankings.
Old 02-11-2015, 08:05 PM   #27
Give me a forum ...

Quote:
Yes - some individual stock - and it is in the consolidated 'brokerage' form that was posted last week.
Mutual funds from other companies may be what causes the delay. Stocks are easy.
Old 02-11-2015, 09:35 PM   #28
Give me a forum ...

Got my 1099 on 2/4 also. Just hoping for no revised 1099 because the state and fed tax forms are already in the mail and my income based student loan payment form with 2014 tax forms has already been submitted.
Old 02-12-2015, 09:02 AM   #29

My friend (the snake-bit one from other threads, for those of you who recall it) has a Fidelity brokerage account and an inherited IRA, both of which contain several investments such as individual stocks, bonds, non-Fidelity mutual funds, and Fidelity mutual funds. He still has not received his 1099 or has seen it on line. I seem to recall the deadline for Fidelity sending them out being Feb 17, not Feb 14 (Feb 16 is a holiday). Also, he has some investments with other brokerage companies and one of them has always asked for an extension into March, further delaying my ability to complete his tax forms.

I have a much simpler pair of accounts which contain only Fidelity mutual funds (5 funds) and I received my 1099 about 2 weeks ago after seeing it posted on line about a week before that. Because I keep track of all of distributions from all accounts, I already knew what the amounts would be except for the Qualified Dividends because that info is not known to me until the 1099 comes out.
Retired in late 2008 at age 45. Cashed in company stock, bought a lot of shares in a big bond fund and am living nicely off its dividends. IRA, SS, and a pension await me at age 60 and later. No kids, no debts.

"I want my money working for me instead of me working for my money!"
scrabbler1 is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 02-12-2015, 09:49 AM   #30
Recycles dryer sheets

Quote:
I got my 1099 Consolidated from Fidelity last week.

Are you looking under the tab for "Tax Forms"?

I first thought it would be under "Statements" but there is a separate tab for "Tax Forms".
+1 Ours appeared online a few days ago.
Old 02-14-2015, 06:14 AM   #31
Give me a forum ...

Somehow I kind of expected that this was an optimistic date.

Looked at my FIDO account this morning and saw a "preliminary" 1099.

Quote:
All pages of this document are for your information only and may assist you in your tax preparations. This document is only available online and a paper copy will not be mailed to you. This preliminary information will not be furnished to the Internal Revenue Service and is not available for download into tax preparation software.
You can expect to receive an official consolidated 1099 Tax Reporting Statement as soon as your information is finalized. All official 1099 Tax Reporting statements will be mailed and available online no later than March 14, 2015.
Old 02-14-2015, 07:48 AM   #32

My 1099 appeared online today. It was the official version, not a "preliminary version" as mentioned above.
Old 02-14-2015, 08:11 AM   #33
Give me a forum ...

Quote:
Originally Posted by SCGamecock View Post
My 1099 appeared online today. It was the official version, not a "preliminary version" as mentioned above.
Me too. I was told my holdings in KMP held it up. I still have to wait on the KMP K-1 for their final numbers, I think. I'd rather wait and get it right than file amended returns.
Old 02-14-2015, 09:30 AM   #34

Quote:
Originally Posted by braumeister View Post
Somehow I kind of expected that this was an optimistic date.

Looked at my FIDO account this morning and saw a "preliminary" 1099.
This is what mine says.
Old 02-14-2015, 09:42 AM   #35
Give me a forum ...

anything not requiring a k1 was posted yesterday 2/14 on fidelity
Old 02-14-2015, 09:45 AM   #36

Quote:
Originally Posted by SCGamecock View Post
+1 My official consolidated 1099 is now available online as of today. That account has ETFs from 3 companies: iShares, Vanguard, and Wisdom Tree. The information is exactly as I was expecting based on the "Tax Info" tab in early January.
Cobra9777 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-14-2015, 09:53 AM   #37

Quote:
Originally Posted by mathjak107 View Post
anything not requiring a k1 was posted yesterday 2/14 on fidelity
No K-1's here. Just bonds, mutual funds, ETFs and one stock. Here's a screenshot of the first page of my 1099, received today the 14th.
Attached Images
File Type: jpg Fido 1099 Prelim.jpg (80.1 KB, 8 views)
Old 02-14-2015, 09:57 AM   #38
Give me a forum ...

it was funny because i checked yesterday around noon and they weren't posted yet , i looked again at 4pm and they were up and ready for downloading.

damn ,all looked so good on what i did in turbo up to that point. 60k in dividends and capital gains distributions made those big refund numbers vanish ha ha ha .

but give me the gains and i will pay the taxes.
Old 02-15-2015, 01:53 PM   #39

My friend's complicated (and preliminary) 1099 form appeared on line yesterday (Saturday, 2/14). I prepare his tax returns so I updated my estimates with better data. His 1099 from another brokerage company also appeared on line in the last day or two. That one has some odd data I can't easily estimate but I came pretty close this time.
Retired in late 2008 at age 45. Cashed in company stock, bought a lot of shares in a big bond fund and am living nicely off its dividends. IRA, SS, and a pension await me at age 60 and later. No kids, no debts.

"I want my money working for me instead of me working for my money!"
scrabbler1 is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 02-15-2015, 02:34 PM   #40
Give me a forum ...

Does anybody own shares of FSGDX from Fidelity? What was the foreign tax paid per share on the distributions for 2014? Is that number available online somewhere at Fidelity?

The distributions tab shows the distributions paid after the tax was taken out, but one has to include the foreign taxes in one's AGI and they appear on the 1099-DIV.