Join Early Retirement Today
Fido off 11%~News piece
Old 02-17-2007, 09:03 AM   #1
Give me a museum and I'll fill it. (Picasso)
Give me a forum ...
Fido off 11%~News piece

Fidelity net fell 11% in 2006
Fidelity Investments announced today that net income fell 11% last year -- despite higher revenue and managed assets -- due to factors including a rising headcount, advertising and special charges.
I wonder if this loss is a result (partially) of Fido decreasing the ER of many of the funds that compete well with Vanguard?

Part-Owner of Texas

Outside of a dog, a book is man's best friend. Inside of a dog, it's too dark to read. Groucho Marx

In dire need of: faster horses, younger woman, older whiskey, more money.
mickeyd is offline   Reply With Quote
Join the #1 Early Retirement and Financial Independence Forum Today - It's Totally Free!

Are you planning to be financially independent as early as possible so you can live life on your own terms? Discuss successful investing strategies, asset allocation models, tax strategies and other related topics in our online forum community. Our members range from young folks just starting their journey to financial independence, military retirees and even multimillionaires. No matter where you fit in you'll find that is a great community to join. Best of all it's totally FREE!

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest so you have limited access to our community. Please take the time to register and you will gain a lot of great new features including; the ability to participate in discussions, network with our members, see fewer ads, upload photographs, create a retirement blog, send private messages and so much, much more!

Re: Fido off 11%~News piece
Old 02-17-2007, 09:07 AM   #2
Give me a museum and I'll fill it. (Picasso)
Give me a forum ...

Don't think so........they had higher revenue.

"I wasn't born blue blood. I was born blue-collar." John Wort Hannam
youbet is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 02-18-2007, 09:03 AM   #3
Thinks s/he gets paid by the post

Maybe it's the $42M fine they paid for shady practices of thier traders................

sorry it appears the links not working, but there are several documents dated 12/21/06 in their news archives..........

Under the terms of the settlement with the Independent Trustees, Fidelity has made arrangements to pay $42 million plus interest to the Fidelity Mutual Funds based on an allocation formula to be agreed to with the Independent Trustees
...with no reasonable expectation for ER, I'm just here auditing the AP class.Retired 8/1/15.
jazz4cash is offline   Reply With Quote