FifthThird Bank screwed us

Status
Not open for further replies.
We paid the missing escrow immediately andvupdated our payment moving forward. also had to pay attorney fees, inspection fees, late charges, etc. We have never been late on any payment to anyone ever...except to this due to issues. They cashed our payments and put in unapplied funds then sent refund checks in mail out to wrong address so we had no idea of any of this going on until we logged in to website to get missing tax doc. Hey cheesehead...what exactly do you keep thinking Im leaving out or trying to hide? You're a prime candidate for a fifththird customer service job. We signed up for alerts with fifththird and never got a single one, we updated our address multiple times but they're systems are so screwed up they couldn't get it done or the data was overwritten...we didn't even have an option to have two addresses online but yet mailings still went to old address, phone numbers updated and overwritten with 999-999-9999 and only old numbers non longer listed anywhere were called. They are a mess. We could have monitored more online...they also could have not failed at absolutely everything...in the end I dont think our perfect credit should be trashed over what clearly was not late/missed payments. We're out thousands, have been lied to from virtually everyone we have talked to at the bank, stressed, spent days trying to fight it, etc...its just not right but live and learn I suppose.

Sent from my SPH-L710 using Early Retirement Forum mobile app

... They cashed our payments and put in unapplied funds then sent refund checks in mail out to wrong address ...

Can you explain what this means? I don't understand cashing the checks, then 'unapplied funds' and sending refund checks? Why were they sending refund checks if you owed money?? What are 'unapplied funds', I'm not familiar with that term?

Hey cheesehead...what exactly do you keep thinking Im leaving out or trying to hide?

I'm not cheesehead, but stuff like the above. Just seems like missing pieces. Also curious that you posted this in another thread 6 months ago, then complain about the same thing with no update on what happened in between. It all sounds rather odd to some of us ...

We could have monitored more online...

Right. Trust but verify. And don't trust anyone or business until you have a history with them. But still verify, but maybe on a little more lax schedule.
... live and learn I suppose.

Now you're talkin' !

-ERD50

We paid the missing escrow immediately andvupdated our payment moving forward. also had to pay attorney fees, inspection fees, late charges, etc. We have never been late on any payment to anyone ever...except to this due to issues. They cashed our payments and put in unapplied funds then sent refund checks in mail out to wrong address so we had no idea of any of this going on until we logged in to website to get missing tax doc. Hey cheesehead...what exactly do you keep thinking Im leaving out or trying to hide? You're a prime candidate for a fifththird customer service job. We signed up for alerts with fifththird and never got a single one, we updated our address multiple times but they're systems are so screwed up they couldn't get it done or the data was overwritten...we didn't even have an option to have two addresses online but yet mailings still went to old address, phone numbers updated and overwritten with 999-999-9999 and only old numbers non longer listed anywhere were called. They are a mess. We could have monitored more online...they also could have not failed at absolutely everything...in the end I dont think our perfect credit should be trashed over what clearly was not late/missed payments. We're out thousands, have been lied to from virtually everyone we have talked to at the bank, stressed, spent days trying to fight it, etc...its just not right but live and learn I suppose.

Sent from my SPH-L710 using Early Retirement Forum mobile app
Just the fact you got my name wrong (with a more or less open book test) tells me you've let a few other details slip as well. ;)
Your story is void of clarity and some factual exaggeration. You also have exhibited aggression and some displays of a lapse of intelligence, so what are we supposed to surmise other than you are partially to blame here and you took to this forum twice (though you overlooked the first time) to bash this bank.
:nonono:

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom