Final College Payment Today! Total: $90,045

Congratulations to you and your daughter. Well done! A wonderful beginning and a better future thanks to all the combined work. I today just wrote a tuition check and calculated we are about 40% done and 60% to go yet. Study abroad coming up in China and then London...will be a bit more expensive but hopefully worth in in the long run...otherwise DD is very frugal day to day and that helps alot!

..will be a bit more expensive but hopefully worth in in the long run...

When we were putting our kids through college we told them that this was an extension of our diversification plan in getting ready for retirement.

i.e. If our investments etc went belly up, then we'd be relying on them to support us in our old age so getting them a good education and good job helps us all :D:D:D

I have told my two children who are still in college that their college education is the best gift I could give them. They will be heading into the work force with no debts, same as I did, and that is a head start. To set their expectation, I have also told them that there is no guarantee of any asset left to them when we die. Of course I hope that will not be the case, but following the thread on wedding gift, I just want to be sure they understand.

Latest posts

Back
Top Bottom