Financial Positions in the Market....

I don't know if they've done anything about it, but I seriously doubt it. I'm sure they've seen the latest results and compared that to all the market news and figured, "no way we're getting out." And who could blame them?
I'm certainly not going to push it with them. God forbid I convince them to diversify some of their position into the broader market and then watch it go down another 10-15% and then go sideways for quite a while, which is a real possible (maybe even likely) scenario.
I'm sure it's probably a safe play for them and nothing's going to go wrong with the company, but who knows? Especially these days.
Damn thing just keeps going up! (And yes, I am a bit jealous! :( )
OK, CFB, I think it's time to trot out that story of your friend who kept her Intel options, even though they were more than enough to exercise & ER on, because she "wanted to travel"...

Did she manage to keep her Intel job when you took their ER package?

Yeah, she's doing great. Ran into her at the store a few months back and she was really pulling in the promotions.

She was worth ~$8M at one point. But it wasnt enough for the sort of retirement she wanted.

I guess the good news is that she's probably still worth a million or two. Unfortunately her 401k and everything else is also 100% in the company stock.

Seemed like a brilliant strategy until 2000. It just kept going up and up and up.

She's gotten married and had a couple of kids. I'm familiar with the job she's in, and you're on the road 2-4 days a week, gone for weeks at a time for major program meetings a few times a year, and working pretty much 24x7. I'm sure she can afford a nanny and a housekeeper, but probably gets very little time in with the kids.

Bummer.

LOL.

No, it wasnt. Virtual monopolies are pretty good things.

About the only truly worthwhile things the marketing folks did was a) make people aware of the fact that there was a cpu in their computer and care at least a little about who made it, and b) occasionally make some of the writers and analysts a little bit concerned about telling people it was okay to buy the lowest end product because it was 'good enough'.

It isn't the same as selling Tide, is it?

Ha

2 positions...
CASH and FETAL
third position: buying like a madman!:duh:

fourth position.....reach for the sky, pard'ner

some of you thought i was gonna be a bad girl >:D and describe another "position", didn't ya?

Well, to be honest, we were fetal for a bit here... we handle part of a certain large company's business (they're also a competitor, but our subsidiary, which we provide IT services for, handles our business and theirs). Anyway, transactions were flying so fast that we melted a few servers. Locking customers out from transferring funds during a market meltdown is not a good path to go down.

Fetal position over and no one fired.

<snip>

I don't know if they've done anything about it, but I seriously doubt it. I'm sure they've seen the latest results and compared that to all the market news and figured, "no way we're getting out." And who could blame them?

I'm certainly not going to push it with them. God forbid I convince them to diversify some of their position into the broader market and then watch it go down another 10-15% and then go sideways for quite a while, which is a real possible (maybe even likely) scenario.

I'm sure it's probably a safe play for them and nothing's going to go wrong with the company, but who knows? Especially these days.

Damn thing just keeps going up! (And yes, I am a bit jealous! :( )

<snip>

And, of course, you'd be the @$$hole if you reminded them of your recommendation after the company stock got crushed and they hadn't done anything to diversify.

You can't win.

-CC

Back
Top Bottom