FIRE, How much do you pay for Health Insurance

'and 10-12K/year should be included in the ER annually.'

Corrected to:

'and 10-12K/year should be included in the ER expenses annually.

zcung said:
So unless you w*rked for the Government, $700-800/month for family coverage is the norm.  And it sounds like a plan with a high deductible is the way to go, and 10-12K/year should be included in the ER annually.

Z

Not all gov't employees get health insurance upon retirement. DH and I are retired civil servants who pay $989 per month to stay with our past employer's insurance. $10 co-pays/$5 drugs.

Thanks to you all and the rest of generous America, I pay only $19.17 per month for Tricare Prime as a member of the retired military.

I realize that this is amazingly inexpensive in this day of double-didget annual insurance premium increases, but that's what they charge me and I am not embarassed to accept it along with the free pharmacy refills, no copays and no deductables that the plan provides for. I realize that the rates will eventually be increased, but it will never be as expensive as the premium that have been quoted here.

$475/mo COBRA for a single person, amazingly good coverage compared with most else.

I put in an application with Aetna to see exactly what I will be up against.....the quote from E net was $283 for the 4 of us($5,000 D)--I'll let you know what the true price is when I hear back.

$270 a month for $600 deductible (then 80/20). Another $13/mo for dental coverage. This is through my former employer's retiree group medical plan.

$104/month for family coverage. Includes health, dental, vision and prescriptions. Zero deductible and no co-pays :D

Back
Top Bottom