Fisher Investments

Dog

Full time employment: Posting here.
Just received an offer from Fisher Investments for a free copy of "The Eight Biggest Mistakes Investors Make" and "Annuity Basics: Things To Consider Before Buying An Annuity". Their pitch is that I find value in these guides that I will want to do business with them...as long as I have at least $500k in investable assets 😉. Of course I'm not obligated.
Has anyone read these publications? Are they worth my reply to have them send to me?

Sent from my iPhone using Early Retirement Forum

Saw an interview with Ken Fisher. Oddest thing I've ever seen. His mannerisms were down right creepy. Unblinking stare and weird hand gestures. I wouldn't give him my e-mail address much less my money.

I have read that once they get your contact info that they are unrelenting in pestering you for the rest of your life. So if you like phone calls, then by all means, request the info.

Hint: They know folks who give them contact info are too gullible to resist their unrelenting sales pitches. They also know you will grow old and senile and will eventually get you to pay enormous fees to them.

I gave them my info 15 years ago. They sent someone to my home to talk to me. I was able to say no.

If I recall, the pitch was that they were smart enough to time the markets, at least to some extent. I wasn't buying it.

I never gave them my info, but I've gotten mal from them for a decade or so. Annoying, but it just goes straight into the recycle bin. Unopened.

Not a fan. Here's a previous thread on Mr Ken Fisher and his outfit. If you give them your phone number or email address, you'll hear from them for years. If you gave them your mailing address, buy a woodstove and at least you can make heat from the stuff they'll mail you.

Last edited:
I did once order the material from them, looked it over and didn't think it added any great "insight" to info that was already publicly available. I was subject to the "unrelenting" sales pitch but I don't have a problem saying "no thanks" for infinity, so eventually they gave up.

Years ago I evidently clicked on a link and received Fishers initial advertising in the mail along with pestering phone calls. To play along, I talked with the sales guy several times. I was interested in knowing what they thought they knew that everyone else did not. I asked for several things along with a 5 year prospectus of their performance. Of course they would not provide me with this as they said, "it depended on the individual". Long story short, they don't have a magic bullet and are just targeting HNW individuals. After many "No's, and "I don't know you's", they eventually went away.

Just received an offer from Fisher Investments for a free copy of "The Eight Biggest Mistakes Investors Make" and "Annuity Basics: Things To Consider Before Buying An Annuity".

Are they worth my reply to have them send to me?

I somehow got on their mailing (hardcopy and email) list many years ago. Never got any phone calls that I can recall but I still get mail from them about twice year.

I wouldn't do business with them but YMMV. Of course you could do business with him and contribute to his est 2.7b personal net worth.

I somehow got on their mailing (hardcopy and email) list many years ago. Never got any phone calls that I can recall but I still get mail from them about twice year.

I wouldn't do business with them but YMMV. Of course you could do business with him and contribute to his est 2.7b personal net worth.

I got another one of those big glossy mailings just this week. It barely fits in my mailbox... My forearm muscles are bulging after ripping it up into pieces small enough to fit my trashcan.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

I requested this a few years back. I checked all the boxes - no third party marketing, no e-mails, no calls, etc. I get a call every quarter now.

I got another one of those big glossy mailings just this week. It barely fits in my mailbox... My forearm muscles are bulging after ripping it up into pieces small enough to fit my trashcan.
Somebody suggested you buy a woodstove. It is still heating season. :)

Somebody suggested you buy a woodstove. It is still heating season. :)

No way, Joe! I am still recovering from my childhood days as being assigned the duty of keeping it filled and the ashes removed. And that is not including the cutting and stacking of the wood. If it wouldn't hurt my close relationship with my Dad, I would still consider inquiring to see if statue of limitations are in effect from child labor laws from the '70s and pursue a lawsuit. :)

I stay away from people who spend so much money on advertisement. It got to come out from somewhere. Not my money. Thanks but no thanks.

Sent from my iPad using Early Retirement Forum

For the "The Eight Biggest Mistakes Investors Make" list, I'd like to add -

#9 - Agreeing to receive a free publication from Fisher Investments.

For the "The Eight Biggest Mistakes Investors Make" list, I'd like to add -

#9 - Agreeing to receive a free publication from Fisher Investments.

+1
I think those are the bozos I contacted during the financial crisis. A high pressure phone call that I terminated with several Fu's. He didn't call back so I won, right?

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-G920A using Early Retirement Forum mobile app

I always give out fake name and phone number, mailing address -- and use an old email address that forwards to my current email. I pity the people who get all the junk mail meant for me!

I did once order the material from them, looked it over and didn't think it added any great "insight" to info that was already publicly available. I was subject to the "unrelenting" sales pitch but I don't have a problem saying "no thanks" for infinity, so eventually they gave up.
+1 That is pretty much my story also. I had a paid advisor for a few years, but concluded that he didn't earn his fee. Tried a second one with the same result. I'm happier managing the investments myself now.

I never gave them my info, but I've gotten mal from them for a decade or so. Annoying, but it just goes straight into the recycle bin. Unopened.

Same here. And I'm not even near HNW so I wonder why they bother sending me stuff.

Same here. And I'm not even near HNW so I wonder why they bother sending me stuff.

Im guessing through magazine subscriptions. I started getting mine after I accepted some cheap subscription offers to finance magazines. They assumed wrong that I was a HNW person.

I just notice how incredibly aggressive their marketing is, and the obviously spend a HUGE amount of money on it. So - I figure, stay away!!!

I always give out fake name and phone number, mailing address -- and use an old email address that forwards to my current email. I pity the people who get all the junk mail meant for me!

See if you can use their own mailing address. I had some situation like that with my tollway sticker in Texas after I moved. I think I still had 25 cents on it, and could not get them to close the account or stop mailing monthly statements or just about anything else without going in. But I could change my mailing address online. So I changed it to the address they were sending it from. No idea if they are still sending themselves my statement.

Latest posts

Back
Top Bottom