Flagship Status at Vanguard

Corporate ORphan

Recycles dryer sheets
Anyone here know if there is a real advantage to being at the Flagship status at Vanguard versus Select if you don't do any stock trades? Are the representatives any better?

Thanks!

You get free Turbotax (at least last year) and a free annual financial planning session if you ask. Huge advantages?- no--nice? yes.

The representatives are better and definitely quicker in responding to your question/request, etc. A few years ago the IRS sent me an audit/deficiency about my IRA/SEPP and my rep immediately connected me with the Vanguard Retirement Group who really knew the subject matter. The point here is that the reps do have good knowledge, are quick to respond, know what they don't know and who the best Vanguard resource is to answer your question.
I have been a Flagship for about 9 years. Another small advantage to Flagship is the free Turbo Tax on-line preparation which saves $25 or more depending on Tax Form and state income tax requirements.

No real advantage other than to say, "I'm Flagship" which makes folks either bow down in homage or turn up their noses in disgust. It's a gimmick.

I'm rowboat status, BTW. I prefer to use a cheaper financial institution than Vanguard.

They also have online interactive seminars (webinars) for flagship members.

No real advantage other than to say, "I'm Flagship" which makes folks either bow down in homage or turn up their noses in disgust. It's a gimmick.

I'm rowboat status, BTW. I prefer to use a cheaper financial institution than Vanguard.

Who is cheaper than Vanguard:confused: And what do you use them for?

I think Flagship ($1M+) gets you free trades (a limited number per year), versus Voyager Select ($500K-$1M) which is $2/trade. Both levels have a certain number of free trades on Vanguard ETFs.

Cost of a stock trade is so cheap that it is really no longer a differentiator among most brokerages.

Like the earlier poster said, the biggest benefit of Flagship is higher quality reps.

Kramer

Who is cheaper than Vanguard:confused: And what do you use them for?
WellsFargo PMA package is cheaper than Vanguard. I use them to buy even Vanguard funds and ETFs without commission. You don't need a million dollars, but you do need $25,000 which fits nicely in my rowboat. WF has better 1099 downloads into TurboTax and other benefits discussed somewhere around here many times. It is true that Vanguard has started to charge no commissions, but they are playing a catch-up game and still have not completely integrated the brokerage with the mutual fund side of the business. At WF, it is all seamless with your checking account ... and completely free (including free checks to tie into another thread).

WellsFargo PMA package is cheaper than Vanguard. I use them to buy even Vanguard funds and ETFs without commission. You don't need a million dollars, but you do need $25,000 which fits nicely in my rowboat. WF has better 1099 downloads into TurboTax and other benefits discussed somewhere around here many times. It is true that Vanguard has started to charge no commissions, but they are playing a catch-up game and still have not completely integrated the brokerage with the mutual fund side of the business. At WF, it is all seamless with your checking account ... and completely free (including free checks to tie into another thread).

Thanks.... I had read this here at one time or another... but never did anything about it... will look into it....

Back
Top Bottom