Join Early Retirement Today

Old 01-08-2009, 12:57 PM   #21
Give me a museum and I'll fill it. (Picasso)
Give me a forum ...

Quote:
Originally Posted by kyounge1956 View Post
Do you have a link to the harebrain plan? Is it the same idea that was discussed on a Soapbox thread toward the end of last year?
I beleive so,I'll try to find a link.

Quote:
The Obama Health Insurance thread seems mighty lonely over in the FIRE related political topics forum. Maybe a second thread there would break the ice.
I knew that would happen. Funny, the Soapbox seemed to calm done nicely after the election........

This Thread is USELESS without pics.........:)
FinanceDude is offline   Reply With Quote
Join the #1 Early Retirement and Financial Independence Forum Today - It's Totally Free!

Are you planning to be financially independent as early as possible so you can live life on your own terms? Discuss successful investing strategies, asset allocation models, tax strategies and other related topics in our online forum community. Our members range from young folks just starting their journey to financial independence, military retirees and even multimillionaires. No matter where you fit in you'll find that Early-Retirement.org is a great community to join. Best of all it's totally FREE!

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest so you have limited access to our community. Please take the time to register and you will gain a lot of great new features including; the ability to participate in discussions, network with our members, see fewer ads, upload photographs, create a retirement blog, send private messages and so much, much more!

Old 01-08-2009, 01:00 PM   #22
Give me a forum ...

Here it is:

House Democrats contemplate abolishing 401(k) tax breaks - InvestmentNews

This Thread is USELESS without pics.........:)
FinanceDude is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-08-2009, 11:55 PM   #23
Thinks s/he gets paid by the post

Quote:
Originally Posted by FinanceDude View Post
Obama Health Insurance isn't alone any more. C'mon & vote.
kyounge1956 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-09-2009, 01:03 PM   #24
Moderator Emeritus

Quote:
Originally Posted by FinanceDude View Post
On the ohter hand, its managed by Bill Gross, who is one of the top 2 or 3 fixed income gurus in the whole world.........
Well, I hope Bill Gross will continue to be a top manager for a while because the bond index option has just been eliminated so it looks like I am going to pour a lot of money in PIMCO total return. It's the only bond option still available in my wife's 401K.

And guess what, even though I am FORCED to sell my previous funds to buy new ones, Fidelity is taking a rather generous helping of short term trading fees on most exchanges (fees assessed on new contributions to the old funds for the past 1-3 months depending on the fund).

It keeps getting better and better...
FIREd is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 01-10-2009, 09:59 AM   #25
Give me a forum ...

Quote:
Originally Posted by FIREdreamer View Post
And guess what, even though I am FORCED to sell my previous funds to buy new ones, Fidelity is taking a rather generous helping of short term trading fees on most exchanges (fees assessed on new contributions to the old funds for the past 1-3 months depending on the fund).

It keeps getting better and better...
That's outrageous. When my Mega-corp 401k rolled out a new menu of funds, they arranged the xfer in stages, postponing xfer for funds that had short term trading fees to clear the penalty period FOR THE BENEFIT OF EMPLOYEES. Why the heck should FIDO benefit because Mega-corp is revising thier offerings? These fees are easily avoided if the plan was truly managed for the beneficiaries.