Join Early Retirement Today

Free $3-400 anyone?
Old 10-27-2015, 09:17 AM   #1
Give me a museum and I'll fill it. (Picasso)
Give me a forum ...

Free $3-400 anyone?

Discover is offering a $100 bonus to open a savings account paying 0.95% with $5000. Use bonus code Save3915. Deal good through 10-31

https://www.discover.com/online-bank...0E47&van=Dbank

Once you have that account, or if you have a Discover credit card, you can apply for a Discover free checking account, using bonus code Bonus4915. To receive $300 bonus: 1) account must be opened between 9/15/15-11/15/15 using offer code Bonus4915; and 2) at least two Direct Deposits of $250 or more must be received within 90 days of account funding. Direct Deposit transactions are limited to: payroll, Social Security, pension, and government benefits.

Discover routing # is 031100649

I found the fastest and easiest way to move my social security payments to Discover was by calling social security vs. doing it online. SSA# is 1-800-772-1213
Speed is of the essence on this deal
Gal and I are both in on this - a little $800 score for a bit of phone calling - not bad...
calmloki is offline   Reply With Quote
Join the #1 Early Retirement and Financial Independence Forum Today - It's Totally Free!

Are you planning to be financially independent as early as possible so you can live life on your own terms? Discuss successful investing strategies, asset allocation models, tax strategies and other related topics in our online forum community. Our members range from young folks just starting their journey to financial independence, military retirees and even multimillionaires. No matter where you fit in you'll find that Early-Retirement.org is a great community to join. Best of all it's totally FREE!

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest so you have limited access to our community. Please take the time to register and you will gain a lot of great new features including; the ability to participate in discussions, network with our members, see fewer ads, upload photographs, create a retirement blog, send private messages and so much, much more!

Old 10-27-2015, 09:23 AM   #2
Give me a forum ...

Great deal but with no payroll, pension or retirement withdrawal I guess we can't take advantage (plus would have to unfreeze credit).

It does make me wonder if there is some way to legally fake these direct deposits (don't care about ethics but just legality).
Fermion is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 10-27-2015, 09:37 AM   #3
Give me a forum ...

Should mention I don't get any kickback on this offer - just enjoy finding free money. Should also mention that the Discover signup website is glitchy as can be - a far cry from the CapOne experience. Their phone help is helpful though and can facilitate getting the accounts setup. As in many things, fortune favors the persistent.

Oh - soft pull only on your credit report vs. normal hard pull for getting a new credit card.
Old 10-27-2015, 10:00 AM   #4
Give me a forum ...

Thanks. I just use my VG money market as my savings account so really don't have a need for a savings account. But am quite happy with Discover's cashback checking account and the freebie $50 when I opened that earlier in the year.

I like that now for each debit transaction (Aldi shopping anyone?) or check that I write, I get 10 cents back. That's not much but a dime saved is a dime earned. The major benefit actually is no more paying for check printing .
Old 10-27-2015, 10:19 AM   #5
Thinks s/he gets paid by the post

Quote:
Originally Posted by calmloki View Post
[/B]I found the fastest and easiest way to move my social security payments to Discover was by calling social security vs. doing it online. SSA# is 1-800-772-1213
I remember in the past waiting 45+ min to talk to someone @ SS.
Not like that anymore? .....or did they switch so they can call you back?
kaneohe is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-27-2015, 10:28 AM   #6
Full time employment: Posting here.

Sweet, thanks! Just signed me and DW up. Just so everyone is clear, the "bonus codes" are input under "How did you hear about us?" Just enter the code and hit the "apply code" button.
ronocnikral is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-27-2015, 10:47 AM   #7
Give me a forum ...

Quote:
Originally Posted by kaneohe View Post
I remember in the past waiting 45+ min to talk to someone @ SS.
Not like that anymore? .....or did they switch so they can call you back?
They offered to call me back in 20-25 minutes, and did so. Gal was able to wait about 5 minutes and get someone.
Old 10-27-2015, 12:20 PM   #8
Thinks s/he gets paid by the post

Quote:
Originally Posted by calmloki View Post
They offered to call me back in 20-25 minutes, and did so. Gal was able to wait about 5 minutes and get someone.
Thanks, appreciate the info. Kind of remember somebody had improved their system but wasn't sure it was SS. Helps a lot.
kaneohe is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-28-2015, 03:06 PM   #9
Give me a forum ...

OPM will allow us to do the direct deposit switch online, but naturally there's no way to capture November's pension payment. It will need to be December's.
Amethyst is offline   Reply With Quote