Join Early Retirement Today

Free credit monitoring
Old 05-09-2005, 08:39 PM   #1
Full time employment: Posting here.

Send a message via ICQ to Marshac Send a message via AIM to Marshac Send a message via Yahoo to Marshac
Free credit monitoring

I know, I stole this from FW finance...*

Free credit monitoring, report and score for 1 year from experian

http://www.consumerinfo.com/db1/
Promo code CLB2BH3T6
Leave the CC fields blank

Marshac is offline   Reply With Quote
Join the #1 Early Retirement and Financial Independence Forum Today - It's Totally Free!

Are you planning to be financially independent as early as possible so you can live life on your own terms? Discuss successful investing strategies, asset allocation models, tax strategies and other related topics in our online forum community. Our members range from young folks just starting their journey to financial independence, military retirees and even multimillionaires. No matter where you fit in you'll find that Early-Retirement.org is a great community to join. Best of all it's totally FREE!

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest so you have limited access to our community. Please take the time to register and you will gain a lot of great new features including; the ability to participate in discussions, network with our members, see fewer ads, upload photographs, create a retirement blog, send private messages and so much, much more!

Re: Free credit monitoring
Old 06-01-2005, 02:56 PM   #2
Give me a museum and I'll fill it. (Picasso)
Give me a forum ...

FYI...just got this...I feel so...so...so...illegitimate!

I'm still amazed that companies send out stuff like this and are surprised when everyone finds out about it and uses it. DUHHH!

This message is regarding your recent membership to the Credit Manager credit monitoring product you obtained through the www.creditexpert.com website.

If you signed up for a credit monitoring membership using a promotional code that you obtained from the Internet, then you used a promotional code illegitimately posted on the Internet from an unauthorized source. Consequently, please be advised that your membership will be cancelled on June 6, 2005.

If you enjoyed the credit monitoring membership and are interested in obtaining a new membership, you can sign up for Credit Manager for the low price of $9.95 a month by clicking here: www.consumerinfo.com/cb.

We appreciate your business, and look forward to hearing from you soon.

Sincerely,

Customer Care
ConsumerInfo.com
Be fearful when others are greedy, and greedy when others are fearful. Just another form of "buy low, sell high" for those who have trouble with things. This rule is not universal. Do not buy a 1973 Pinto because everyone else is afraid of it.
cute fuzzy bunny is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-01-2005, 03:13 PM   #3

Send a message via ICQ to Marshac Send a message via AIM to Marshac Send a message via Yahoo to Marshac

I just got that email too.

Why do I now feel like I should be watching out for this guy ?

Needless to say, they will not be 'hearing from me soon'
Old 06-01-2005, 05:03 PM   #4
Give me a forum ...

Reminded me of a couple of incidents a few years ago. Both macdonalds and another big sandwich chain (quiznos) put really nice printable coupons up on a web site as a promo (I think one of msns web sites). Something like buy a drink and fries and get the sandwich for free. Within a matter of days they had lines out the door and everyone had the coupon in hand.

Dismayed by the almost unbelievable occurrence that almost everyone with a computer could get their coupon and use it, they both posted almost the same sign at their registers and on the front door.

The sign called the coupon use "fraudulent".

Somewhere theres a manager or management team that is dumber than dirt. If for a moment you think you can post something "good" on any web site and not have it be broadly known within a few days, you're clueless. If your response to that is to call your customers criminals, you're a clueless idiot.
Be fearful when others are greedy, and greedy when others are fearful. Just another form of "buy low, sell high" for those who have trouble with things. This rule is not universal. Do not buy a 1973 Pinto because everyone else is afraid of it.
Old 06-01-2005, 05:04 PM   #5
Give me a forum ...

Oh yeah, and let me add one more thing in a galtian manner.

I'm sure once they close our 'illegitimate accounts', they'll be sure to continue spamming our email accounts with the addresses gained in the ill gotten transaction...
Old 06-01-2005, 08:35 PM   #6

Quote:
Originally Posted by th
Reminded me of a couple of incidents a few years ago.* Both macdonalds and another big sandwich chain (quiznos) put really nice printable coupons up on a web site as a promo (I think one of msns web sites).* Something like buy a drink and fries and get the sandwich for free.* Within a matter of days they had lines out the door and everyone had the coupon in hand.
I remember that Quiznos coupon well... I probably wasted a whole inkjet cart on that sucker!
Old 06-02-2005, 12:38 PM   #7
Give me a forum ...

God bless the laser printer!

The good news for them is I ate so many of their sandwiches for free that I havent been interested in taking my fraudulent self there since the coupon fiasco. Sort of like when I worked at mickey-d's and had no interest in big macs for about 8 years.