Free credit scores

steelyman

Moderator Emeritus
Recently, I reluctantly bought and installed Quicken Premier 2015/Windows and found a couple of new features not in my prior 2012 version. One is inclusion of a free credit score.

I'd changed to a DiscoverIT credit card several months ago and found my score included on the statements.

I was curious about which agencies reported these and it looks like Quicken uses Equifax, while Discover uses TransUnion.

There have been several discussions in the past, but the best one I found didn't seem to have a post since '09.

I knew about annualcreditreport.com and tried to pace myself between the three agencies throughout the year but always lapsed.

Recently, I reluctantly bought and installed Quicken Premier 2015/Windows and found a couple of new features not in my prior 2012 version. One is inclusion of a free credit score.

I'd changed to a DiscoverIT credit card several months ago and found my score included on the statements.

I was curious about which agencies reported these and it looks like Quicken uses Equifax, while Discover uses TransUnion.

There have been several discussions in the past, but the best one I found didn't seem to have a post since '09.

I knew about annualcreditreport.com and tried to pace myself between the three agencies throughout the year but always lapsed.

With at least some cards Citi includes the credit score on the web site.

Almost all credit cards now give out a FICO-8 nowadays in my experience. One can read the fine print on the card web site. CreditKarma.com gives out scores from two reporting agencies. One is awash in scores now. A thread on Bogleheads about that: https://www.bogleheads.org/forum/viewtopic.php?f=2&t=156372

It seems the scores are pretty useless, but an unexpected change in scores might be a sign that your card is compromised.

Latest posts

Back
Top Bottom