Join Early Retirement Today

Free Kindle Download of Mike Piper's Revised 'Social Security Made Simple'
Old 11-29-2015, 02:53 PM   #1
Recycles dryer sheets

Free Kindle Download of Mike Piper's Revised 'Social Security Made Simple'

Just a heads up - Mike Piper announced in his Oblivious Investor blog (which I get via e-mail) he revised his book 'Social Security Made Simple' to include the most recent legislative changes to the program. He also said that the Kindle version will be available for free downloading tomorrow and Tuesday (November 30th and December 1st).

Here's the Amazon link that - hopefully - will show $0.00 tomorrow: Amazon.com: Social Security Made Simple: Social Security Retirement Benefits and Related Planning Topics Explained in 100 Pages or Less eBook: Mike Piper: Kindle Store=
Join the #1 Early Retirement and Financial Independence Forum Today - It's Totally Free!

Are you planning to be financially independent as early as possible so you can live life on your own terms? Discuss successful investing strategies, asset allocation models, tax strategies and other related topics in our online forum community. Our members range from young folks just starting their journey to financial independence, military retirees and even multimillionaires. No matter where you fit in you'll find that Early-Retirement.org is a great community to join. Best of all it's totally FREE!

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest so you have limited access to our community. Please take the time to register and you will gain a lot of great new features including; the ability to participate in discussions, network with our members, see fewer ads, upload photographs, create a retirement blog, send private messages and so much, much more!

Old 11-29-2015, 04:39 PM   #2
Recycles dryer sheets

Thanks for the heads up. I'll look tomorrow

Sent from my iPhone using Early Retirement Forum
Old 11-30-2015, 04:20 AM   #3
Give me a museum and I'll fill it. (Picasso)
Give me a forum ...

If you have the pub already, go to manage content and devices. Check off this title and "Update."
target2019 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-30-2015, 07:54 AM   #4
gone traveling

Quote:
Originally Posted by jdmorton View Post
Just a heads up - Mike Piper announced in his Oblivious Investor blog (which I get via e-mail) he revised his book 'Social Security Made Simple' to include the most recent legislative changes to the program. He also said that the Kindle version will be available for free downloading tomorrow and Tuesday (November 30th and December 1st).

Here's the Amazon link that - hopefully - will show $0.00 tomorrow: Amazon.com: Social Security Made Simple: Social Security Retirement Benefits and Related Planning Topics Explained in 100 Pages or Less eBook: Mike Piper: Kindle Store=
Great suggestion, however I just checked it out and it appears you need to subscribe to Kindle Unlimited to get the book for free. That service costs $9.99/month. I suspose you could sign up for a free 30 day trial and cancel, but I'm not wild about doing that. Am I missing something? Thanks.
AtlasShrugged is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-30-2015, 07:56 AM   #5
Give me a forum ...

Yes, you are. Just buy it at a price of $0.00 (today)

Retired Jan 2012 at age 56
pb4uski is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-30-2015, 07:59 AM   #6
gone traveling

Quote:
Originally Posted by pb4uski View Post
Yes, you are. Just buy it at a price of $0.00 (today)
Right you are. I just did as you said and it worked. Thanks a lot.
AtlasShrugged is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-30-2015, 06:30 PM   #7
Full time employment: Posting here.

Just ordered it. Thanks!!

Sent from my iPhone using Early Retirement Forum
truenorth418 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-01-2015, 12:36 PM   #8
Give me a forum ...

got it . it still has the old file and suspend and restricted application info in it so be-careful
mathjak107 is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 12-01-2015, 03:24 PM   #9
Recycles dryer sheets

I thought this was newly revised with the new laws? Or did I misunderstand or perhaps I downloaded the wrong book yesterday?

Sent from my KFTHWA using Tapatalk
Debinnov a is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-01-2015, 03:27 PM   #10
Give me a forum ...

it still had the old info in it .
mathjak107 is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 12-01-2015, 09:25 PM   #11
Recycles dryer sheets

As the original poster, I've been checking this thread and one on Bogleheads.org started by Mike Piper on this free offer (link: https://www.bogleheads.org/forum/vie...wpost=27051470) Some posters there have experienced issues downloading the updated version, especially if they had previously purchased the book if they did not use Amazon's Update function under Manage Your Content and Devices. According to Piper, Amazon does not automatically send someone the latest version of an e-book if the old version is deleted from the device/account. In addition, he was offering to send individuals who could not download the updated version a paper copy. Not sure if he will do that for everyone or just Boglehead.org members. Might not hurt to contact him and ask if you can't download the revised version. My updated version has a 2015 copyright date.

As for the revised version containing the old file and suspend strategies, I notice in Appendix A it does, but it also has a discussion of how the Bipartisan Budget Act of 2015 eliminated these strategies for most people (in the introductory paragraph to Appendix A and then the very last part of Appendix A under the sub-title Are You Eligible for File and Suspend Strategies? Mathjak107 and Debinnov a, do your copies have this language in it?
Old 12-01-2015, 10:24 PM   #12
Recycles dryer sheets

Mine does have that language and also mentions the new deemed filing rule, so I have updated version. Thank you for clarifying.
Debinnov a is offline   Reply With Quote