Free Kindle Download of Mike Piper's Revised 'Social Security Made Simple'

jdmorton

Recycles dryer sheets
Just a heads up - Mike Piper announced in his Oblivious Investor blog (which I get via e-mail) he revised his book 'Social Security Made Simple' to include the most recent legislative changes to the program. He also said that the Kindle version will be available for free downloading tomorrow and Tuesday (November 30th and December 1st).

Here's the Amazon link that - hopefully - will show $0.00 tomorrow: Amazon.com: Social Security Made Simple: Social Security Retirement Benefits and Related Planning Topics Explained in 100 Pages or Less eBook: Mike Piper: Kindle Store=

Thanks for the heads up. I'll look tomorrow

Sent from my iPhone using Early Retirement Forum

Just a heads up - Mike Piper announced in his Oblivious Investor blog (which I get via e-mail) he revised his book 'Social Security Made Simple' to include the most recent legislative changes to the program. He also said that the Kindle version will be available for free downloading tomorrow and Tuesday (November 30th and December 1st).

Here's the Amazon link that - hopefully - will show $0.00 tomorrow: Amazon.com: Social Security Made Simple: Social Security Retirement Benefits and Related Planning Topics Explained in 100 Pages or Less eBook: Mike Piper: Kindle Store=

Great suggestion, however I just checked it out and it appears you need to subscribe to Kindle Unlimited to get the book for free. That service costs $9.99/month. I suspose you could sign up for a free 30 day trial and cancel, but I'm not wild about doing that. Am I missing something? Thanks.

got it . it still has the old file and suspend and restricted application info in it so be-careful

I thought this was newly revised with the new laws? Or did I misunderstand or perhaps I downloaded the wrong book yesterday?

Sent from my KFTHWA using Tapatalk

it still had the old info in it .

As the original poster, I've been checking this thread and one on Bogleheads.org started by Mike Piper on this free offer (link: https://www.bogleheads.org/forum/viewtopic.php?f=2&t=178620&newpost=27051470) Some posters there have experienced issues downloading the updated version, especially if they had previously purchased the book if they did not use Amazon's Update function under Manage Your Content and Devices. According to Piper, Amazon does not automatically send someone the latest version of an e-book if the old version is deleted from the device/account. In addition, he was offering to send individuals who could not download the updated version a paper copy. Not sure if he will do that for everyone or just Boglehead.org members. Might not hurt to contact him and ask if you can't download the revised version. My updated version has a 2015 copyright date.

As for the revised version containing the old file and suspend strategies, I notice in Appendix A it does, but it also has a discussion of how the Bipartisan Budget Act of 2015 eliminated these strategies for most people (in the introductory paragraph to Appendix A and then the very last part of Appendix A under the sub-title Are You Eligible for File and Suspend Strategies? Mathjak107 and Debinnov a, do your copies have this language in it?

Mine does have that language and also mentions the new deemed filing rule, so I have updated version. Thank you for clarifying.

Back
Top Bottom