Friday "Bloodbath"

Good idea - maybe a long one! Starting a new hobbie may also be a good diversion.

Oh boy! It's raining today so I'll be inside close to the tv. Looks like this could be capitulation Friday or the final push to DOW -0-. Where's my medicine?
img_736864_0_0ff25d720d269205de68fc80b5a9b3e4.gif

I listen to my favorite music and don't turn the TV on at all! I listen to Slacker Radio @ www.slacker.com you can create your own stations, w/o commerials, based on your favorite artist.

Nows the time to re-discover music, art, READING, exersice as their is s much uglyness in TV

Agh! :eek: It's getting ugly already. Dow down 424 in just a few minutes of trading. :eek::eek:

National "spend two hours away from the news" day.

Eat, drink and just be.

I think this is good advice and I hope I follow it!

I listen to my favorite music and don't turn the TV on at all! I listen to Slacker Radio @ www.slacker.com you can create your own stations, w/o commerials, based on your favorite artist.

Nows the time to re-discover music, art, READING, exersice as their is s much uglyness in TV

Yes, I agree. Let me put on some easy listening music for everyone. :)

YouTube - AC/DC Highway to hell

I have an idea - let's close the stock market on Fridays and pass a law everyone needs to enjoy outdoors time away from computers, TV and radio. The resultant improvement in health and attitude could only help;)

keep your cool

:duh:" If you can remain cool calm and collected while everything around you is in total chaos and confusion... chances are you just don't have a clue as to what's going on "

Anyone buying today?
Calling my stock dude after I finish this last cup of coffee. We're working on the shopping list for the big buys in my taxable account. Looking at the pre-open this morning made me think I might just take some nibbles here and there in my IRA, but the complete bloodbath has failed to materialize. I was looking for a total and complete baby-seal clubbing to happen and I figured that would be the signal - but it just didn't happen.

Thanks re buying today, W2R and Leonidas--my little inner voice said this might be the day to put a little more into Wellesley, for example, but on the other hand sometimes I feel like the baby seal in my ignorance and would be ripe for the clubbing since the knife will probably continue falling.

Or maybe I meant "anyone buying today?" to mean a round of that special get-you-through-the-day medicine some speak of on this board? Hey, I'll pop for the first one. :)

It just goes to show how hard it is to time these things. We have had several major plunges and turn-arounds already. Probably more to come.

Hey, the day is young. Don't give up hope just yet! ;)

Thanks re buying today, W2R and Leonidas--my little inner voice said this might be the day to put a little more into Wellesley, for example, but on the other hand sometimes I feel like the baby seal in my ignorance and would be ripe for the clubbing since the knife will probably continue falling.

baby-seal-club.jpg

Or maybe I meant "anyone buying today?" to mean a round of that special get-you-through-the-day medicine some speak of on this board? Hey, I'll pop for the first one. :)

I bought more Wellesley on the October 10th low, along with Total Stock Market. Even if you encounter the falling knife, Wellesley will still keep pouring out those dividends.

I would buy more, but my plan has Wellesley at 30% and I am within a fraction of a percentage point of that amount as of yesterday's market close. I think 30% is as high a percentage of one fund as I dare realize.

Calling my stock dude after I finish this last cup of coffee. We're working on the shopping list for the big buys in my taxable account. Looking at the pre-open this morning made me think I might just take some nibbles here and there in my IRA, but the complete bloodbath has failed to materialize. I was looking for a total and complete baby-seal clubbing to happen and I figured that would be the signal - but it just didn't happen.

Check back the last half hour. Sometimes a rally, sometimes a big sell off. :-\

Check back the last half hour. Sometimes a rally, sometimes a big sell off. :-\
What I was looking for was to be down 1,000 pts. on the Dow before lunch. I'm talking a high volume annihilation of everything - real end of the world stuff. Bodies landing on Wall Street. Followed by utter shock and fear. That's when I want to buy.

What I was looking for was to be down 1,000 pts. on the Dow before lunch. I'm talking a high volume annihilation of everything - real end of the world stuff. Bodies landing on Wall Street. Followed by utter shock and fear. That's when I want to buy.

Ouch!! Then I hope you don't get to buy anytime soon. :D

Back
Top Bottom