Join Early Retirement Today

from the "wall street digest"
Old 03-20-2006, 03:04 AM   #1
Recycles dryer sheets

from the "wall street digest"

This is The Wall Street Digest Hotline Update for Friday, March 17, 2006, at 6:00 p.m. EST.

There was the expected heavier-than-usual volume on this quadruple-witching Friday, but not the usual volatility. At the close, the Dow gained 26 points, closing at 11,279; the Nasdaq added 7 points, to close at 2,306; and oil closed down $0.81 at $62.77 per barrel.

Despite today’s expiration of multiple futures and options contracts, the markets were quiet following yesterday’s lackluster CPI report and this morning’s flat consumer sentiment reading and soft manufacturing numbers in February’s industrial production report.

By the end of the month, we expect the Fed to signal whether it will be ending its incremental rate hikes. The Fed has been raising the short-term Fed funds rate for almost two years and, with a booming economy and controlled inflation, there is no need to continue raising rates.

The stock market is still undervalued by 30 percent, while liquidity is at record levels. Shares of stock available for purchase continue to shrink because of cash corporate buybacks, mergers and acquisitions. In addition, the M3 supply jumped $28 billion last week to a record high of $10.36 trillion dollars.

All of this is bullish and points to higher stock prices ahead. With liquidity at record levels, we continue to expect a substantial move-up in stock prices between now and August.

We will continue to focus our recommendations in the technology sector, and the small- and mid-cap stocks and indices. Stay close to our telephone/e-mail/website Hotlines as we refine our recommendations for the great bull market ahead.

THIS IS FREE INFO AND NOT COPYWRITED. ENJOY!

Join the #1 Early Retirement and Financial Independence Forum Today - It's Totally Free!

Are you planning to be financially independent as early as possible so you can live life on your own terms? Discuss successful investing strategies, asset allocation models, tax strategies and other related topics in our online forum community. Our members range from young folks just starting their journey to financial independence, military retirees and even multimillionaires. No matter where you fit in you'll find that Early-Retirement.org is a great community to join. Best of all it's totally FREE!

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest so you have limited access to our community. Please take the time to register and you will gain a lot of great new features including; the ability to participate in discussions, network with our members, see fewer ads, upload photographs, create a retirement blog, send private messages and so much, much more!

Re: from the "wall street digest"
Old 03-20-2006, 08:15 PM   #2
Moderator Emeritus

Quote:
Originally Posted by wstu32
The stock market is still undervalued by 30 percent, while liquidity is at record levels. Shares of stock available for purchase continue to shrink because of cash corporate buybacks, mergers and acquisitions. In addition, the M3 supply jumped $28 billion last week to a record high of $10.36 trillion dollars.

All of this is bullish and points to higher stock prices ahead. With liquidity at record levels, we continue to expect a substantial move-up in stock prices between now and August.

We will continue to focus our recommendations in the technology sector, and the small- and mid-cap stocks and indices. Stay close to our telephone/e-mail/website Hotlines as we refine our recommendations for the great bull market ahead.
Well, thank goodness, this time it really is different!

Hey, TH, that warning klaxon is getting louder...

The book written on E-R.org, "The Military Guide to Financial Independence and Retirement", on sale now! For more info see "About Me" in my profile.
I don't spend much time here anymore, so please send me a PM. Thanks.
Nords is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-20-2006, 10:09 PM   #3
Give me a museum and I'll fill it. (Picasso)
Give me a forum ...

yeah, that 30% was a bit of an eye opener. I've seen undervalued by 5-10% up to overvalued by 5-10%.

Either something really, really good is going to happen over the next year or something really, really bad in the next two.

Lets find out!
Be fearful when others are greedy, and greedy when others are fearful. Just another form of "buy low, sell high" for those who have trouble with things. This rule is not universal. Do not buy a 1973 Pinto because everyone else is afraid of it.
cute fuzzy bunny is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-20-2006, 10:14 PM   #4
Thinks s/he gets paid by the post

So is this the reason this 'info' is FREE AND NOT COPYRIGHTED for us to enjoy? Hoping to convert some more sheep, lamb chops, bulls?
Old 03-21-2006, 03:24 AM   #5
Recycles dryer sheets

lol
this is not an advertisment. I am not selling anything... Just something I came across in my readings....

i added the copywrite bit...
Old 03-21-2006, 03:55 AM   #6
Recycles dryer sheets

This material is copyrighted but it seems to be freely available, due to a website security shortage ? http://www2.standardandpoors.com/spf...P500EPSEST.XLS

Have a look at it. I've already quoted it. I quite like it.
It shows the market is fairly valued, which is not that bad !
Especially for the long term investor. P/E 15 is fair.

European markets were cheaper, that's why they moved up more rapidly in 2005. I guess it is no longer the case right now in terms of relative undervaluation.

The great hype of ending bull markets is not there. When everybody will be bull and buy stocks including those who never did, then take care !
Old 03-21-2006, 07:06 AM   #7
Thinks s/he gets paid by the post

Quote:
Originally Posted by wstu32

i added the copywrite bit...
ok wstu
the CAPS threw me...