Full Blown Iran-US WAR - are you reallocating assets ? Black Swan year ?

Status
Not open for further replies.
[/B]
That would be a guess, no different then market timing. I wouldn't put any value on that assumption.

+1
It was suppose to go down last time too.

A conventional war with Iran would likely not impact the home front other than being massively stimulatory to the economy via war spending. Various military misadventures in Iraq, Afghanistan, Iraq and elsewhere prove this out. What could be quite impactful is unconventional warfare. Say Iran looses its hackers on our aging and rather fragmented electrical grid and they succeed in crashing part or all of it. Or say they or the North Koreans succeed in launching an EMP attack that affects a significant portion of the lower 48. These would be quite catastrophic events with long term effects. The problem is that they are classic low probability, high severity events and difficult to effectively hedge. I suppose if you bought an old ICBM silo and set up a bunker and farm you might do a good job of hedging, but that is a bit extreme for most people. So for almost all states of the world you are better off take advantage of short term sell offs in the event of war, "buy to the sound of the cannons" as Baron Rothschild said.

As for zombies, well...

Attachments

• OIP.jpg
    OIP.jpg
    26 KB · Views: 125
Not Concerned

I have great confidence that our Commander-in-Chief and his military advisers will navigate these waters successfully. Besides, it looks like the Iranians have their own disgruntled people to deal with.

I remember the first Gulf war against the ‘battle hardened’ Iraqi army. Saddam’s special troops were supposed to be even fiercer. It was going to be the Mother of all Battles.

Yea. Right.

I have great confidence that our Commander-in-Chief and his military advisers will navigate these waters successfully. Besides, it looks like the Iranians have their own disgruntled people to deal with.

I think that any comment regarding the virtue (or lack thereof) displayed by our Commander-in-Chief veers so far over the prohibited line of politics in these forums that this thread will be shut down in short order.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom