Portal Forums Links Register FAQ Community Calendar Log in

Join Early Retirement Today

Fun You Miss by Paying off CC Each Month
Old 10-23-2009, 02:58 PM   #1
Give me a museum and I'll fill it. (Picasso)
Give me a forum ...

Location: South Texas~29N/98W Just West of Woman Hollering Creek
Fun You Miss by Paying off CC Each Month

I doubt that any of you folks would be able to rack up even a few points (if they were keeping score), but here's what the rest of the world has to contend with.

Quote:
Missing a Payment
How bad is it? 9
The details: Not only are you going to be slammed with fees, interest charges and other penalties when you miss a payment, but you'll likely see a rise in your interest rates. If that weren't bad enough, you'll also have to contend with a significant hit to your credit report -- about 35 percent of your credit score is based on your ability to pay bills on time. As a result, you'll pay more when you try to get a loan. "Missing a payment has both immediate and long-term consequences," says Clarky Davis, Care One Debt Relief's Debt Diva. "You may be dealing with the fallout for years."
how-bad-are-your-credit-card-mistakes: Personal Finance News from Yahoo! Finance

Outside of a dog, a book is man's best friend. Inside of a dog, it's too dark to read. Groucho Marx

In dire need of: faster horses, younger woman, older whiskey, more money.
mickeyd is offline   Reply With Quote
Join the #1 Early Retirement and Financial Independence Forum Today - It's Totally Free!

Are you planning to be financially independent as early as possible so you can live life on your own terms? Discuss successful investing strategies, asset allocation models, tax strategies and other related topics in our online forum community. Our members range from young folks just starting their journey to financial independence, military retirees and even multimillionaires. No matter where you fit in you'll find that Early-Retirement.org is a great community to join. Best of all it's totally FREE!

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest so you have limited access to our community. Please take the time to register and you will gain a lot of great new features including; the ability to participate in discussions, network with our members, see fewer ads, upload photographs, create a retirement blog, send private messages and so much, much more!

Old 10-23-2009, 06:03 PM   #2
Give me a museum and I'll fill it. (Picasso)
Give me a forum ...

This is definitely the right place for Rich to post his little fan animation.

There will be a huge sucking sound coming from all over America (and some other places too maybe) as people who carry credit card balances and/or are in the habit of paying late get clobbered.

Two extremes:
1. I have a few professional friends (late 49s to mid 50s) who carry balances as a habit and have heard them complain loudly about all of this. No sense of "look what I did to myself" by not paying of their cards.
2. My adopted uncle (82 yo) just paid off all his credit cards. You should have seen his face when I quoted him some of the recent credit card interest changes I've read about here on the forum.