Fund Comparison Site

Outtahere

Thinks s/he gets paid by the post
Is there a site that has a list of funds from each company that compares apples to apples? I thought I had a link to one but now I can't find it. I want to compare Vanguard, Fidelity and maybe one other company.

TY
Carolyn

Although not exactly what you asked for, You could take a look at the Morningstar Instant X-Ray calculator to determine a funds composition...

http://portfolio.morningstar.com/NewPort/Free/InstantXRayDEntry.aspx?dt=0.7055475

So even if two funds have similar investment objectives they can still be compared and contrasted with the tool above.

You can also take a look at your portfolio with the above tool.

What I'm looking for is a list that shows what the same fund is at Fidelity and Vanguard. I can figure out the Retirement funds by the year but some of the others I'm not sure which corresponds to the other. I want to make sure I'm comparing the same funds, if that's possible.

There's not an exact science to it. One way is to go to Morningstar.com. Click on categories, and they list all the funds in that category. It's a little tedious, but at least they do some of the work for you.

Outtahere said:
What I'm looking for is a list that shows what the same fund is at Fidelity and Vanguard. I can figure out the Retirement funds by the year but some of the others I'm not sure which corresponds to the other. I want to make sure I'm comparing the same funds, if that's possible.
You wont find the "same" fund at various different fund families. You may find the same "type" of fund. By "Retirement funds", I presume you mean the funds that include a returement target date.......that's maybe as close as you'll get other than an Index fund. There are too many ways to categorize funds (i.e. market cap, investment objective, stock, bond, balance, etc. etc.). That Fidelity comparison tool Patrick linked is pretty good, tho

Thanks, those will work for what I'm trying to figure out.

Back
Top Bottom