Get Out of Stocks and Into Index MF's?

I am retired 1 year, and 100% in individual stocks, generally holding about 6 - 15
at any time. I find analyzing companies and investing to be relaxing enough to qualify
as a hobby for me, and I would not have been able to retire last year without the
results obtained. However, I always recommend index funds to my friends because
none of them are really interested in doing this, and it sounds like the fun is gone for
you also. It really comes down to what lets you sleep best at night.
VERY SOUND advice. I agree... many on this board are DIYers who love doing the analysis ...etc. but for those less inclined or those less knowledgeable, or just plain lazy (that's me :D) then, IMO, index mutual funds are the easiest, least expensive and least risk way to invest.

95% of my investments are in mutual funds and ETF's. The balance are in individual stocks. Yup.........hormones got the best of me too. :cool:

After reading "The Intelligent Asset Allocator" and "The Four Pillars of Investing," I would only hold individual stocks in a fund that didn't count towards retirement (play money).

These are two of the core books always recommended on this board and I understood why after reading them. I wish I had read these books ago. I am pushing them at some of the younger (30's) folks at work. One person has already read the Four Pillars and her comment was "wow."

Back
Top Bottom