Getting closer to FIRE!

Status
Not open for further replies.
I have factored those in to what I will need above and beyond my current spending levels. I do track house maintenance as a separate category, but it was running less than 1% of the value of my house. I figure I'll add in enough money to at least cover 1% of my house value (and maybe then some), or in the alternative, put together a detailed spreadsheet showing replacement costs for key depreciating items (roof, a/c and furnace, paint/siding, appliances, hot water heater, etc) and figure out an annualized replacement cost for these items, plus enough to cover recurring annual expenses (minor repairs and maintenance tasks, lawn care, etc).

I've done exactly the same thing with regard to calculating spend on items that do not occur regularly. I showed my quite extensive list to a financial planner and he said no need to do that. He stated that when these non-regular expenditures come up, just use/sell appreciated portfolio assets to pay for these. Everyone is entitled to an opinion, but I haven't changed my plan for calculating these "depreciating assets" into my annual spend. For me, this amounts to about $6,000/year.

Based on FUEGO's statements I would think that a slightly closer look at his world would yield far more shady things than so far revealed.

The funny thing is, that the cops and the IRS are looking more and more at "social" type sites on the internet. I would include this one, as one to monitor.

I think FUEGO has given more than enough clues to smoke him out.

Good luck under scrutiny.

Thanks for the well wishes. But I have all my ducks in a row, so luck isn't really required. If the law changes, I will comply with the new laws. Until then I will comply with current laws.

I have been nothing but honest and fully disclosed everything that I am planning on doing. Some here have found it helpful. Others find it morally/ethically/legally offensive. I'm ok with that.

I've done exactly the same thing with regard to calculating spend on items that do not occur regularly. I showed my quite extensive list to a financial planner and he said no need to do that. He stated that when these non-regular expenditures come up, just use/sell appreciated portfolio assets to pay for these. Everyone is entitled to an opinion, but I haven't changed my plan for calculating these "depreciating assets" into my annual spend. For me, this amounts to about $6,000/year.

I think you have to account for the "one time non-regular" expenses explicitly. One thing is for certain, these one time non-regular expenses happen all the time and they will have to be funded out of your portfolio one way or another.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom