Join Early Retirement Today

Old 07-17-2014, 09:28 AM   #21
Recycles dryer sheets

MichaelB:
That is exactly my situation: I've been working towards this for a long time, am about to do it, and don't have anyone but DH to discuss it with. If I told my friends, they would be very envious and uncomfortable. If I told my family, they would make other plans for my money. It seems like this is a solid plan, but without outside eyes on it, who knows what could have been overlooked?

WannabeRetired:
Yes, it's hard for me to walk away from a big salary. I don't expect it to be waiting for me if I change my mind. I have seen a lot of capable, talented people unable to get hired. I've been in OMY mode for a while now, because I can just keep putting one foot in front of the other and earn big bucks. It's not killing me, so I can do it. But lately I've been thinking about the years that I will never get back.

Thanks again, to everyone who gave feedback. Even the posts that doubt my sincerity have been helpful. It all paints a picture that I'm not missing anything crucial, which is my main concern.
sunsnow is offline   Reply With Quote
Join the #1 Early Retirement and Financial Independence Forum Today - It's Totally Free!

Are you planning to be financially independent as early as possible so you can live life on your own terms? Discuss successful investing strategies, asset allocation models, tax strategies and other related topics in our online forum community. Our members range from young folks just starting their journey to financial independence, military retirees and even multimillionaires. No matter where you fit in you'll find that Early-Retirement.org is a great community to join. Best of all it's totally FREE!

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest so you have limited access to our community. Please take the time to register and you will gain a lot of great new features including; the ability to participate in discussions, network with our members, see fewer ads, upload photographs, create a retirement blog, send private messages and so much, much more!