Global Retirement Crisis?

At one of my Megacorp jobs, the head of the Derivatives desk would only hire folks from Wharton where he graduated from, so kind of a self fulfilling action.
Many other places look at that kind of hiring practice unfavorably. The thinking is it leads to inbreeding of ideas instead of encouraging new ideas and differing ways to address problem solving.

Cheers!

Many other places look at that kind of hiring practice unfavorably. The thinking is it leads to inbreeding of ideas instead of encouraging new ideas and differing ways to address problem solving.

Cheers!

Agree 100%. At this particular Megacorp, the traders were the (mostly) kings and got to do almost whatever they chose to do.

My first job was with a consulting group.

A new hire straight out of Harvard seemed very motivated...always wore a suit to work, but would always go to lunch on his own.

He lasted until his boss found the new guy's client invoices on the laser printer...that Harvard grad was running his own independent consulting business using company resources.

DGF dropped it last year. I was never on it or Twitter and the like.

i do have a twiiter account but use it follow the local PD, town govt, national weather service, etc. somehow i picked up 7-followers. boy, they must be bored with me.:dance:

Back
Top Bottom