Going to 100% stocks

I don't follow charts. You had expressed strong doubt that the S&P500 could close above 1100 on Friday.

Audrey

Confess, you looked at the charts and were surprised as I was. There isn't anything wrong with looking.

Is a guess (see below), a strong doubt?

Let's not forget this is a secular bear market.

The 1100 area is one place to watch, on a closing basis (it isn't a magical number - don't think if it closes above 1100 we are in a new bull market; just an area of resistance to watch). My guess is that people don't want to be long into the 3 day weekend so the S&P won't close above 1100.

Confess, you looked at the charts and were surprised as I was. There isn't anything wrong with looking.
huh? What surprise? Since I can't interpret charts, they don't tell me anything except what has happened in the past.

Market goes up, goes down. The reasons escape me.

Audrey

huh? What surprise? Since I can't interpret charts, they don't tell me anything except what has happened in the past.

Market goes up, goes down. The reasons escape me.

Audrey

Stop! You're killing me. You told us you visit a technical analysis site. You probably know more about it than I do.

For those not familiar with technical analysis, an explanation of the charts may be in order:
When Dick Cheney's EKG reading (spikey brown line) is on an opposite and converging trend with the seismometer reading from Santa Monica (red line) and the convergence is due to occur near the Indonesian Prime Interest rate (green line) then we are due for an up day on the Dow.

It's a classic "cup and handle" (or maybe "diamond"--or "that cloud looks like an elephant to me") pattern.

Stop! You're killing me. You told us you visit a technical analysis site. You probably know more about it than I do.
Yes, I regularly read a technical analysis site. For this reason, I have some idea of what my investor buddies who do T/A think at any given time, or if someone has identified a "Hindenberg Omen" or we are at a key "Bradley Turn Date".

But I have never learned T/A, and cannot, in fact, read charts myself. I do not particularly believe in it - or maybe it's that I'm just not interested in doing all that chart work, and/or don't think I would be any good anyway. My T/A investor friends also spend a lot of time talking about macro economic issues in addition to T/A, and it's the former that has me repeatedly reading the site. Besides, they are a well-informed and witty bunch of writers. Their approach to investing is so radically different to mine, that I find it very entertaining to watch how the other half invests.

Audrey

It's a classic "cup and handle" (or maybe "diamond"--or "that cloud looks like an elephant to me") pattern.

Ah, but don't forget the flagon with the dragon has the brew that is true!

My T/A investor friends also spend a lot of time talking about macro economic issues in addition to T/A, and it's the former that has me repeatedly reading the site.
Audrey

They talk a lot about T&A? :blink:

75/25 here, sleeping well since not retired and in peak accumulation so I'm either buying low or gaining net worth. :D

OK, I'm getting tired of this crap. They release bad news and the indexes go up. They release really bad news, and the indexes go down for a day or two, then go up. But I've got the solution. I bought some stocks. That should set things straight. :LOL:

OK, I'm getting tired of this crap. They release bad news and the indexes go up. They release really bad news, and the indexes go down for a day or two, then go up. But I've got the solution. I bought some stocks. That should set things straight. :LOL:

Is that a sell signal for the rest of us market timers? :LOL:

Maybe you're on to something! :cool:

Audrey

Dex, what should we so? Help us!

it may not always be so

it may not always be so; and i say
that if your lips, which i have loved, should touch
another's, and your dear strong fingers clutch
his heart, as mine in time not far away;
if on another's face your sweet hair lay
in such a silence as i know, or such
great writhing words as, uttering overmuch,
stand helplessly before the spirit at bay;

if this should be, i say if this should be --
you of my heart, send me a little word;
that i may go unto him, and take his hands,
saying, Accept all happiness from me.
Then shall i turn my face, and hear one bird
sing terribly afar in the lost lands.

Edward Estlin Cummings

+++++

Or, maybe, corn

My brother is a missionary worker,
He saves fallen women from sin,
For 5 bucks he'll save you a redhead,
My God how the money rolls in!

I have been tracking this guy for the past few months.
He has been right on so far.
I dont short the market, just like to see a pro read the charts.
This guy is a swing trader. Goes long when its going up, shorts when it goes down.

This is not spam....... Just a site a friend at work told me about. (wow that sounds lame)

Might want to check out a few months of his stuff.
I find it interesting..... If you do great. If not, not.
Just passing it on.

YouTube - PSAadmin's Channel

http://www.perfectstockalert.com/

This one is from 6 months ago.
http://finance.yahoo.com/q?s=^GSPC

Lyrics to Fugue For Tinhorns :
NICELY
I got the horse right here
The name is Paul Revere
And here's a guy that says that the weather's clear
Can do, can do, this guy says the horse can do
If he says the horse can do, can do, can do.

For Paul Revere I'll bite
I hear his foot's all right
Of course it all depends if it rained last night
Likes mud, likes mud, this X means the horse likes mud
If that means the horse likes mud, likes mud
Likes mud.

I tell you Paul Revere
Now this is no bum steer
It's from a handicapper that's real sincere
Can do, can do, this guy says the horse can do.
If he says the horse can do - can do - can do.
Paul Revere. I got the horse right here.

Back
Top Bottom