Gold?

I have a fair amount of my net worth invested in PHYSICAL gold/silver (more gold than silver). Given that bonds offer horrible risk/reward right now and stocks are just getting goosed higher by central bank manipulation, I don't know why anyone wouldn't want 10% or a little more of their portfolio gold.

When contrasted to FRNs, precious metals really do give you a warm fuzzy feeling inside.

Buy gold only to keep in reserve for true economic calamity. And if that is the reason to own it you would not sell it at any price unless our currency is worthless. Better to invest in producing assets. 'Ya know, people will always buy soap (PG) and ketchup (HNZ). Best to be an investor rather than a trader.

Buy gold only to keep in reserve for true economic calamity. And if that is the reason to own it you would not sell it at any price unless our currency is worthless. Better to invest in producing assets. 'Ya know, people will always buy soap (PG) and ketchup (HNZ). Best to be an investor rather than a trader.

I agree. Staples where companies have got the the consumers no matter what should do well.

+1

I have a fair amount of my net worth invested in PHYSICAL gold/silver (more gold than silver). Given that bonds offer horrible risk/reward right now and stocks are just getting goosed higher by central bank manipulation, I don't know why anyone wouldn't want 10% or a little more of their portfolio gold.

When contrasted to FRNs, precious metals really do give you a warm fuzzy feeling inside.

Shotshells and ammo give me a much warmer, fuzzier feeling. There is currently a silly panic going on and ammo is now scarce. Looks like I could sell some of my stash for 2 to3 times what I paid for it over the last 6 months.

Back
Top Bottom