Good articles in May's Journal of Financial Planning

walkinwood

Thinks s/he gets paid by the post
Thank you for bringing these articles to our attention before they are archived out of reach. I know you do that periodically and I (for one) appreciate it.

The Markowitz Q&A was quite interesting and inspirational. I like how the 82 year old is learning about Quantum physics and Neuroscience, while teaching and consulting 3 days a week.

I guess Nobel Laureates really are smart :duh: :duh:

Thank you for bringing these articles to our attention before they are archived out of reach. I know you do that periodically and I (for one) appreciate it.

You are welcome. Thank you for the note.

Our discussions here are very educational and helpful, but I truly believe that any one contemplating ER needs to read & internalize the available literature & then make a plan to suits them. When markets plunge, you need to have full confidence in your plan.

I see some members explain their situation (financial) and ask the board for advice. I'd rather see it the other way - post your plan and ask for feed-back.

Our discussions here are very educational and helpful, but I truly believe that any one contemplating ER needs to read & internalize the available literature & then make a plan to suits them. When markets plunge, you need to have full confidence in your plan.

I re-read Lucia's "Buckets" approach...........still like it.........:D

I see some members explain their situation (financial) and ask the board for advice. I'd rather see it the other way - post your plan and ask for feed-back.

We have had plenty of both. Sometime when they take the time to explain their situation, we have better feedback, because we "know" the situation a little better........;)

Good paper-thanks for posting. I got " If you are willing to cut your spending in bad times you can spend more now" Seems reasonable and reflects my strategy.

Thanks for posting those - I liked the interview - the story about how Friedman rode him for 1.5 hours during his oral defense of his dissertation - man, oh, man - I would have been sweating bullets, too. I mean, you've spent many years birthing this baby and they're saying the math's good but the rest of it is not going to cut it for the PhD - hahaha - and of course, he remembers that like it was yesterday.

Latest posts

Back
Top Bottom