Join Early Retirement Today

Old 05-28-2018, 06:37 AM   #21
Thinks s/he gets paid by the post

Quote:
Originally Posted by Chuckanut View Post
If that is the only price Equifax pays for its fiasco, they should pop the champagne corks. It's like the rest of us getting a $2 fine for parking all day in a downtown NY No Parking area.
Yeah I'm shocked, shocked I say that Equifax took no penalty from Congress out of this. /s

It's amazing to me that these three agencies control the keys to the credit kingdom with so little oversight.

Well, no it isn't.
GTFan is offline   Reply With Quote
Join the #1 Early Retirement and Financial Independence Forum Today - It's Totally Free!

Are you planning to be financially independent as early as possible so you can live life on your own terms? Discuss successful investing strategies, asset allocation models, tax strategies and other related topics in our online forum community. Our members range from young folks just starting their journey to financial independence, military retirees and even multimillionaires. No matter where you fit in you'll find that Early-Retirement.org is a great community to join. Best of all it's totally FREE!

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest so you have limited access to our community. Please take the time to register and you will gain a lot of great new features including; the ability to participate in discussions, network with our members, see fewer ads, upload photographs, create a retirement blog, send private messages and so much, much more!

Old 05-28-2018, 10:46 AM   #22
Give me a museum and I'll fill it. (Picasso)
Give me a forum ...

Location: Spending the Kids Inheritance and living in Chicago
Quote:
Originally Posted by MichaelB View Post
What I'd rather have is unrestricted and no-fee access to my credit report.

I'd rather have the free freeze and unfreeze, as that will stop some crime.

We already get free access to credit report once per year, and even if you checked it every day, all you would see is that someone already opened a CC or took out a loan in your name.

The crime would already be done some time ago as credit history has a built in delay.