Got my first 2017 tax document

Heck, I got one in Dec of last year...

Right now cannot remember where I put it :facepalm:

No documents, I don't expect them before the end of January, but I did order Turbotax from Amazon.

Unlike last year, where I filed my taxes in early January using derived numbers, this year, I'm an April 15th guy...I owe, I owe, so off to sleep I go.

On January 2 at 9 am. From a Swiss pension. We're off and running...

-BB

Good reminder, I need to ask my son to hang onto his last UK pay advice of the year which I know he received early, before Christmas. This is his first year living in the UK as a dual US/UK citizen.

Got my first documents for my US taxes in December. I have 2 UK private pensions who always make the last payment of the calendar year in December, plus the last interest payments of the year from my UK accounts come in December.

Hey, if you are lucky some scammer will file for you, and the IRS will reject your return and check.
Ah, don't spoil my fun! You're right, there is that risk, but hopefully, now that they have the driver's license thing, it will be hard for the bad guys. OTOH, now that the Equifax data escaped, one must wonder if it will fall into the hands of routine "street hackers", en masse or if it will be held close by it's new owner and used for spear phishing. I'm STILL a April 15th guy.

Got ours in Dec too, download TT and found that they have not updated or uploaded the Education deductions paper work yet, so having to wait.

I generate estimated K-1s and 1099s in order to get a head start on my tax returns. It's a good feeling to have a rough idea how the numbers will flow in the final returns. The actual tax docs don't arrive until mid-March, which is much too late to get started. 😎

Back
Top Bottom