Great CD rate being offered by USAlliance FCU

So would this just be for someone who is looking for income perhaps? Is there any reason other than getting the income to doing this? I just assumed compounding made more sense, but I'm still learning.

Sent from my KFTHWA using Tapatalk

So would this just be for someone who is looking for income perhaps? Is there any reason other than getting the income to doing this? I just assumed compounding made more sense, but I'm still learning.
Leave it compounding at 3% when you don't need the money and when 3% is better than rates elsewhere. If rates elsewhere go up to 5%, you can have the interest paid out and you invest elsewhere.

This is a way of accessing the interest without incurring an early withdrawal penalty. If you don't need the income, you can let it compound until the CD matures.

Sent from my KFTHWA using Tapatalk

Not necessarily. I have some 3% 5 year CDs in my IRA. I view them as a bond substitute. No credit risk since they are FDIC insured. A good return considering the term and rates available at the time. An no interest rate risk.

Back
Top Bottom