Great general investment links

Good Summary - but if they really followed that advice - nobody would need MONEY.

MONEY magazine is my favorite personal finance
publication. Still, I read it at my peril because
when they get off pure financial stuff I detect
liberal PC thinking in their writing. Of course, a
guy with my politics can not read any mass appeal
publication without having this problem. Same with most all network TV. Can hardly stand to watch it.
It's a burden, but I still have
'Handgun News' and 'Soldier of Fortune' :)

John Galt

The best place for MONEY is the waiting room at the eye doc and dentist - slightly dated but the price is right.

I'll again recount the story of reading some 18 month old kiplingers and money magazines at the doctors around late 2000/early 2001 where they extolled the virtues of enron and worldcom. Enron, "even at these prices is a must-own stock". A powerhouse company that makes a fine core holding.

This is why I dont read investing magazines or watch anything to do with investing on television.

The best place for MONEY is the waiting room at the eye doc and dentist - slightly dated but the price is right.
I once got a free subscription to MONEY because I had some expiring frequent flyer miles. At the time, I thought it was at the right price. But I made the mistake of reading it and actually making some mutual fund investments based on what I read. That was one expensive subscription. :)

Thanks for the link! I missed that one somehow. There is usually a copy of Money in the men's room at the office.

Thanks for the link!  I missed that one somehow.  There is usually a copy of Money in the men's room at the office.

Is it used as reading material or... other material... ? :D

Back
Top Bottom