Join Early Retirement Today

Has anyone purchased thru immediateannuities.com ?
Old 11-25-2018, 05:48 PM   #1
Recycles dryer sheets

Has anyone purchased thru immediateannuities.com ?

I have heard pretty good things about them. Any first hand experience?
LXEX55 is offline   Reply With Quote
Join the #1 Early Retirement and Financial Independence Forum Today - It's Totally Free!

Are you planning to be financially independent as early as possible so you can live life on your own terms? Discuss successful investing strategies, asset allocation models, tax strategies and other related topics in our online forum community. Our members range from young folks just starting their journey to financial independence, military retirees and even multimillionaires. No matter where you fit in you'll find that Early-Retirement.org is a great community to join. Best of all it's totally FREE!

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest so you have limited access to our community. Please take the time to register and you will gain a lot of great new features including; the ability to participate in discussions, network with our members, see fewer ads, upload photographs, create a retirement blog, send private messages and so much, much more!

Old 11-25-2018, 07:47 PM   #2
Thinks s/he gets paid by the post

why are you looking at this company?
bingybear is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-25-2018, 08:09 PM   #3
Full time employment: Posting here.

If I hear the word annuity I run the other way. FIL and his GF have purchased a couple bowwows and Id like to ring the salesman's neck. "But he was so nice, and he came to our HOUSE so we didn't have to drive into the CITY!!" Oh my freaking goodness.

I actually think Ive used their website to get the present value of a pension. So for that I think its useful.
MrsHaloFIRE is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-25-2018, 08:15 PM   #4

Quote:
Originally Posted by LXEX55 View Post
I have used their calculator and found it easy to use. If you are serious about
protecting some of your base income with an annuity, I would check with Vanguard for a comparison.

https://investor.vanguard.com/annuity/fixed-income

There are some situations that would warrant a fixed annuity purchase,
but there are few people who will benefit unless they live beyond their
life expectancy.
Old 11-25-2018, 08:22 PM   #5
Give me a museum and I'll fill it. (Picasso)
Give me a forum ...

I bet your FIL and his GF didn’t buy anything like what OP is asking about. Not all annuities are evil, especially the ones without a big commission. I think immediateannuities.com is just a distribution channel. I’m sure they get paid if you purchase through them but what really matters is the strength of the Insurance company that is actually providing the annuity. I would compare the products they have to similar products at Vanguard or Fido.
Old 11-26-2018, 07:22 AM   #6

Not a recommendation. If you're going to use a middleman I'd use Hueler. Several Megacorps use Hueler for their employees converting 401ks to annuities and they are big in the stable value fund arena.
Spock is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-26-2018, 07:31 AM   #7
Give me a forum ...

Quote:
I am so sorry no one has attempted to answer your question here. They only seem to want to give "Their" annuity perspective as opposed to what you asked for. I am also interested in this as I am considering buying a Fixed Deferred Annuity (MYGA) from them to defer income from cash savings. They seem very helpful when I call them. These are the only annuity products anyone should really consider anyway, maybe a SPIA (Yes I know that is an opinion too).
Old 11-26-2018, 07:40 AM   #8

I used them to purchase a SPIA years ago, they provided very good service. As mentioned above they are brokers and aren't tied to one insurance company. Tell them what you're looking for and they will provide you with a list of about a dozen different insurance companies and what they are offering, no cost or commitment required. Should also consider the ratings of the insurance companies before making a choice, that information is also provide on their web site. Compare what they offer with Vanguard, Fidelity, etc.
zinger1457 is offline   Reply With Quote
Thanks so very much
Old 11-26-2018, 08:52 AM   #9
Recycles dryer sheets

Thanks so very much

Quote:
Originally Posted by zinger1457 View Post
I used them to purchase a SPIA years ago, they provided very good service. As mentioned above they are brokers and aren't tied to one insurance company. Tell them what you're looking for and they will provide you with a list of about a dozen different insurance companies and what they are offering, no cost or commitment required. Should also consider the ratings of the insurance companies before making a choice, that information is also provide on their web site. Compare what they offer with Vanguard, Fidelity, etc.
Thank you. Exactly what I was looking for. Much appreciated.
My reply
Old 11-26-2018, 08:53 AM   #10
Recycles dryer sheets

My reply

Quote:
Originally Posted by bingybear View Post
why are you looking at this company?
I am looking to purchase a Great Dane dog.
Old 11-26-2018, 09:09 AM   #11
Give me a museum and I'll fill it. (Picasso) Give me a forum ...

Quote:
Have you checked here? immediateGreatDanes.com
Old 11-26-2018, 09:16 AM   #12
Give me a forum ...

Quote:
Old 11-26-2018, 10:40 AM   #13

Quote:
Great Danes are horrible investments pushed by high commision salesmen preying on the elderly and uninformed. They're not valid investments for anyone.
GravitySucks is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-26-2018, 10:48 AM   #14
Give me a forum ...

Yes, check out vanguard along the immediate annuities. I am not a big fan of annuities, but they can be good for some people, especially if it allows one to sleep well at night. Just don’t bet the farm on one investment whether it is an annuity, stock, bonds, etc. Well done Diversification is the individual’s best defense against unexpected problems. No guarantees, of course.

The worst decisions are usually made in times of anger and impatience.
Chuckanut is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 11-26-2018, 02:08 PM   #15
Full time employment: Posting here.

Have not used them but have had conversations seem to be good run organization.

I also discussed annuities with Stan the Annuity Man, he is very straight forward.

The SPIAs and MYGAs are commodities most of these sites have the same companies to quote so go with the best payout for a 80+ Comdex rating in my opinion ( not an expert).

You can get the Comdex ratings on Stan's web site a pdf under "resources" great information.
capjak is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-26-2018, 02:18 PM   #16
Give me a forum ...

Quote:
Originally Posted by capjak View Post
I also discussed annuities with Stan the Annuity Man, he is very straight forward.
I agree he is straight forward, although his lists are not so up to date as ImmediateAnnuities.com at least not for the MYGAs I was looking at. I called 2 companies when I was doing some research and they did not offer the products anymore that Stan listed in his annuities list.
Old 12-01-2018, 05:39 PM   #17
Recycles dryer sheets

I have purchased SPIA’s through Immediate Annuities and Vanguard as well as having annuity discussions with Stan the Annuity Man. All three are outstanding outlets for this product. I would buy through any of the three basing my decision solely on price and credit worthiness of the insurance company.
Gill
Gill is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-01-2018, 07:18 PM   #18
Give me a forum ...

So did you speak personally to Stan? He and Hersh Stern both come across as very personable. Stan’s books on Annuities are very informative. Both companies feature products mostly from less well known companies.
Old 12-01-2018, 07:54 PM   #19
Recycles dryer sheets

Quote:
Originally Posted by jazz4cash View Post
So did you speak personally to Stan? He and Hersh Stern both come across as very personable. Stan’s books on Annuities are very informative. Both companies feature products mostly from less well known companies.
Yes, I have spoken with both of them and found them most helpful.
Gill
Gill is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-06-2018, 02:00 PM   #20
Dryer sheet wannabe

Vangaurd is not good for annuities, immediateannuities.com is better for annuities, Stan the annuity man is ehhh.

Brokers still only appoint with certain companies, there are thousands of insurance companies available. when it comes to multi year guaranteed or immediate annuities you really just need to find someone that will be your personal shopper. Unfortunately there is an inverse relationship between the guaranteed yield and the brokers commission.

One again Vangaurd and Fidelity, while great for mutual funds, ARE NOT competitive in these markets.

-Much love,
Former Annuity Wholesaler
loganbailey is offline   Reply With Quote