Heading under 10,000 on the way!

:crazy: I agree..not clue what he's on about..

It's pretty simple. We're in for a period of massive deflation, or hyperinflation, or a currency crunch and deflation, or maybe just the End Times.

I'm looking for the following leading indicators:

* Fire and brimstone coming down from the skies! Rivers and seas boiling!
* Forty years of darkness! Earthquakes, volcanoes...
* The dead rising from the grave!
* Human sacrifice, dogs and cats living together... mass hysteria!

Once I see this particular combination of indicators, I'll move to 100% in marshmallow futures.

Once I see this particular combination of indicators, I'll move to 100% in marshmallow futures.

That would be stay puft, right?

YouTube - Biblical Proportions

The substance is stating that governments of the world are at a crossroads of chosing between hyperinflation or deflation.

Right, because we live in a binomial world where there are only two potential paths. And in this telling those mutually exclusive paths happen to be extreme polar opposites . . . crushing deflation or hyperinflation. Makes sense.

It's pretty simple. We're in for a period of massive deflation, or hyperinflation, or a currency crunch and deflation, or maybe just the End Times.

Those are the signs I am looking for also. However, I am pretty sure that I'll make more money (even if it is a worthless) by going long MRE, gun, and ammo futures than marshmallows. The great thing about guns and ammo is I can take your marshmallows,and the MRE have those cool chemical heaters and chocolates to turn the marshmallows into smores :D

I think at one time nearing the bubble peak, one institution was begging the feds/regulators - "Can't you stop this?" because they felt forced to engage in the same extremely risky behavior as their competitors.

Yup. That was Citigroup CEO, Chuck Prince, who reportedly asked Hank Paulson before the crisis "Can you force us to stop?"

Nothing like those self-regulating market forces to keep everyone in line. :nonono:

Since I joined this forum I've seen sh!t that will turn you white!

Okay, I made it halfway through the article before I tired out. I still operate with some allegiance to my IPS but at <50 with a hormone problem I still float the AA some and my lead indicator is the emotion I feel from friends, family, cnbc, all sources. When there is absolutely no hope and we are screwed forever I buy. Things are so bad I have moved all the way to 50/50 and if things totally hit the fan there are always marshmallow futures.:)

How about 8500 by the end of the month...

Awesome! Eight trading days left to drop a touch over 2000 points. An average drop of 250 points a day for eight days straight. It COULD happen... :D

Well, we are down to four trading days left this month. Still a loooooong way to go to get to 8500. Maybe we will see a drop of 400 points a day for the remaining four days. It COULD happen... :D

Perhaps it is time to start making June predictions in case the May predictions don't come true.

Eh, do not jinx it!

Eh, do not jinx it!

Just on the search for some buying opportunities. :D

And ridiculing those who make ridiculous predictions. All good natured ribbing in the name of fun of course! :D

Fuego, too bad you have not talked your SIL into playing this game of ours on Wall St. instead of that silly card game she got hooked on. It will teach her a bit of delayed gratification as, even with day trading, a trade usually takes longer than those few seconds to deal a hand. I can't see how she would lose more money that she already did. And margin loans do not carry as high an interest rate as what those loan sharks charged. And she would be home at night, as the market does not run 24 hrs.

Looks like it's gonna be one of those days today....

CatMad3.gif
CatMad3.gif
CatMad3.gif

Fuego, too bad you have not talked your SIL into playing this game of ours on Wall St. instead of that silly card game she got hooked on. It will teach her a bit of delayed gratification as, even with day trading, a trade usually takes longer than those few seconds to deal a hand. I can't see how she would lose more money that she already did. And margin loans do not carry as high an interest rate as what those loan sharks charged. And she would be home at night, as the market does not run 24 hrs.

She has asked about investing in the stock market. Around 2007. And Google was her stock of choice. Back when it was over 700 per share. She would never do anything that crazy right now, like buy stocks at 40% cheaper prices. She might lose money that way.

She has asked about investing in the stock market. Around 2007. And Google was her stock of choice. Back when it was over 700 per share. She would never do anything that crazy right now, like buy stocks at 40% cheaper prices. She might lose money that way.

I take if if you SIL would invest, she'd definitely be a market timer :facepalm:

I take if if you SIL would invest, she'd definitely be a market timer :facepalm:
You sounded like all market timers are losers. :whistle:

Don't some win big and retire early? :cool:

(I wasn't one, but then I am not smart.:( )

Certainly. I suggested a broad index fund/ETF or mixed asset allocation fund at the time, and that was the last I heard of it. I don't think 8-10% returns per year over the course of decade(s) meets her investment objectives. And there is no element of gambling in the buy-and-hold strategy.

Well, we are down to four trading days left this month. Still a loooooong way to go to get to 8500. Maybe we will see a drop of 400 points a day for the remaining four days. It COULD happen... :D(snip)

You had to say it, didn't you? :nonono:
Dow at 9845 as I write. :(

Yep, just like some poker players...

Of course somebody is collecting stacks of moola from Fuego's SIL.

It all comes down to this.

do-you-feel-lucky-punk.png

Back
Top Bottom