Heading under 10,000 on the way!

I'll admit to websurfing and watching "tv" and movies in the bathroom. Sometimes I'll watch CNN news vids while brushing my teeth, swishing, flossing, etc. My version of the 10 o'clock news. On my non-waterproof netbook of course.

Down about 270, below 10,000 at the moment. Not like I'm nervously tracking it or anything :confused:

Down over 300 now. Dang, I'm outta the house for a few hours and the market goes to h-e-double-hockeysticks. Eddie's here with your meds Dawg.

Attachments

• Eddie Extra.JPG
    Eddie Extra.JPG
    421.1 KB · Views: 1
I sold everything on the last rally...

8500 is coming...

Ya'll might want to rethink the Foil Hatter's are crazy thing...

You are free to join the revolution any time now.

Good Luck and God bless...

When markets sell off frequently on Fridays and in the last hour of trading, it's usually not a very good market to be overweighted in stocks.

I sold everything on the last rally...

8500 is coming...

The end is nigh, but when? Care to throw out some predictions as to dates? End of June? October? That May prediction didn't go as well as you planned. :D

Since you "sold everything", what do you do if the market slowly trends back up to 11,000 and beyond? Buy back in after the recovery "once you know things are better"?

I may be alone in this...but when the mkt made it to 9,000 I was pleased.

I wish I had more money. So, I could buy more stocks. Lots of great bargains out there! My div yield for my taxable account is now at 4.21%. :cool:

The end is nigh, but when? Care to throw out some predictions as to dates? End of June? October? That May prediction didn't go as well as you planned. :D

Since you "sold everything", what do you do if the market slowly trends back up to 11,000 and beyond? Buy back in after the recovery "once you know things are better"?
I'm inclined to agree with you, but don't forget that this sort of I-know-it's-coming doomsdaying was scoffed at three years ago, and not long after that came their smug "I told you so" sentiments...

Obviously this may end differently than the bearish sentiment in 2007 early into 2008, but there's no way to know. All I know is that the permabears will be back again to rub it in everyone else's noses if they are again correct.

Never was a Permabear...

Google Cloward-Piven to see what kind of evil is at work here...

Having sold everything myself last September, I do not put a time frame on it, I am just 100% US treasuries, with long term puts from the overage I made in I thought the video Clifp put up from Australia was perfect for the current scenario. I do not know what direction the markets are going to take for certain, but I don't think the valuations are going to be positive for stocks with all the governments needing money. To this point all the investors have enjoyed the govenrments taking on debt to prop up the investments of the world but............
If the debt unravels unruly I fear it will be deflationary hell, killing PE's from the earnings side if instead the goverments succeed in what I believe they would rather do, inflate the problems away, interest rates should really jump and that will kill the PE's from the P side.

What is the time frame for my change? I am in a fortunate situation in that I am planning to retire in 4 years and I don't need to earn one dollar in investment returns to be able to retire, but I will need reasonable returns forward from that point. I just believe between now and then I am going to be able to take advantage of major valuation shifts.

Were I already retired and needing investment results or short of my goals and needing to be more aggressive to retire I don't know if I would have the patience to sit in 0 percent return assets. But I do feel right now is extremely high risk, which is the same I felt in September.

How many bank failures will we have today:confused:

It's FDIC Friday

Good. Then maybe you won't say "I told you so" if the market tanks again... :D

I just hope people start waking up to reality before it's too late.

This is getting out of the Feds control...

Back
Top Bottom