HEIR -- what's the scoop???

Status
Not open for further replies.
Armor99, that's good advice. My problem is that I don't even know which questions to ask of HEIR to find out whether it's a scam or not. Can you or others recommend some good investing books?

Your Money or Your Life
Four Pillars
Any John Bogle book
Dave Ramsey's Money Makeover

OAG -- it is a related thread. That thread IS about HEIR. That's how I found this forum. I Googled, and that thread came up. But there's been nothing since June. I was the one who just posted on it a few minutes ago. Kombat was the poster who is trying to convince his wife that HEIR is a scam. I'd love to know how things have turned out for them!

Wait a Year and ask your Brother how he is doing financially with the process. He seems to by your best source of real hands on information. Of course he may not want to share bad information with you (may enter denial).

I respectfully disagree that this would tell you whether or not this was a good investment.

Once someone has "bought" the goods, it's hard to be objective - and especially if they never learned the basics of what makes something a good or bad investment and just reads the info given to them by the company as a gauge of whether it was a good investment, you are not likely to get objective information.

I have a friend who bought a POS policy and still "believes" it's a good investment, although by any objective measure it stinks doo doo...

Even if your friend/brother feels screwed, they might not want to admit it and tell you how bad it was...

I respectfully disagree that this would tell you whether or not this was a good investment.

Once someone has "bought" the goods, it's hard to be objective - and especially if they never learned the basics of what makes something a good or bad investment and just reads the info given to them by the company as a gauge of whether it was a good investment, you are not likely to get objective information.

I have a friend who bought a POS policy and still "believes" it's a good investment, although by any objective measure it stinks doo doo...

Even if your friend/brother feels screwed, they might not want to admit it
and tell you how bad it was...

I did not say his brother's experience would show it was a "good investment" only that he could get his brother's experience with it. I think I said his brother (may be in denial) if the experience is bad.

Loss of money:confused:

One good way to assess it is to find out if any of the members involved have ever lost any money. As I understand it from some folk involved with HEIR no one ever has (over a 1,000 clients). As well they have a guarantee of not losing money and no one has taken them up on it in over four years. So I'm told anyway. Worth checking out how accurate that is!

One good way to assess it is to find out if any of the members involved have ever lost any money. As I understand it from some folk involved with HEIR no one ever has (over a 1,000 clients). As well they have a guarantee of not losing money and no one has taken them up on it in over four years. So I'm told anyway. Worth checking out how accurate that is!

I would ask: Who is guaranteeing the guarantee? It isn't worth the paper it's printed on if there aren't sufficent assets to fund all othe outstanding guarantees when the [-]pyramid[/-] market collapses- which, after four years is increasingly likely in a [-]scheme[/-] innovative investment opportunity like this.

Stanhope, what else do you know?

I've recently been looking into investing through a "wealth building" company called HEIR (Home Equity Investment Rewards). I've been to a few meetings, my brother has invested, and I've got my brother-in-law and sister-in-law looking into it as well. From what I've seen on this forum, people believe it's a scam. Does anyone have any recent experience or knowledge of the operation?
Hey Stanhope, you seem awfully knoweldgeable about HEIR -- what's your connection? You must have some inside track to know about the guarantee that people won't lose money and that no one has lost money in 4 years. How do you know that, unless you're an insider:confused:

As well they have a guarantee of not losing money and no one has taken them up on it in over four years.

SCAM ALERT!

Any investment that guarantees not to lose your money is either lying...or investing in US Treasuries.

What's an insider

Been to some meetings. Know some people who have done very well with their RRSP's. Not part of the inside as a consultant though. As to the guarantee I see enough integrity in the leadership to admit if something wasn't what it appeared to be. Did hear of one opportunity where they (company) walked away from a deal because it was shaky. They seem to be very concerned and committed to dealing with only reputable providers. To date I haven't seen or heard from others of any that haven't been credible and reputable.

Been to some meetings. Know some people who have done very well with their RRSP's. Not part of the inside as a consultant though.

Uh huh. Your only posts are about HEIR. They oddly follow another new user whose first (only?) posts are about HEIR.

How much is the initiation fee for HEIR?

After wasting some time on the website and looking around the internet at this gross scam I am now washing my hands repeatedly. I saw one reviewer gushingly praise HEIR and say that they now "lived an abundance lifestyle" (this gagfest makes Kiyosaki look legit), I now have several more sayings to offer up:

There's a sucker born every minute.
A fool and his money are soon parted.

After wasting some time on the website and looking around the internet at this gross scam I am now washing my hands repeatedly. I saw one reviewer gushingly praise HEIR and say that they now "lived an abundance lifestyle" (this gagfest makes Kiyosaki look legit), I now have several more sayings to offer up:
There's a sucker born every minute.
A fool and his money are soon parted.
I hate to interrupt their dialogue, but do "stanhope" and "just wondering" share IP addresses with any of the other Canadian jokesters/spammers we've had to deal with here?

I hate to interrupt their dialogue, but do "stanhope" and "just wondering" share IP addresses with any of the other Canadian jokesters/spammers we've had to deal with here?

Don't know who their IP provider is, but HEIR is the abbreviation for Retirement Income, Eh? backwards :p

To our southern friends

One thing seems clear (at least to me) with all respect to our fine southern friends on their voting day - you are not very familiar with the Canadian scene. I've referred only to RRSP's. Each of our provinces have securities commissions that oversee the industry. It would help if you are going to make comments about how you see this as a scam to be a little familiar with our situation. If anything was amiss in what this particular company (HEIR) is doing in linking clients with sound and recognized RRSP's providers (dealing in real estate opportunities) the word would have been out on this quite some time ago and they would have been shut down.

To the moderator and moderator emeritus: You both have a very harsh and unyielding attitude. This is the first day I have even been aware of this site. I make a few comments about HEIR and what do I get? Disparaging comments that reveal more about yourselves and your refusal to consider something you are not very familiar with. You tar and feather with a heavy brush without looking very deeply. I'm not saying that my look at it is as deep and diligent as it might be but at least I can speak from a Canadian perspective about RRSP's which you seem quite unwilling to consider.

Sarah, the fool might well be the one who rushes to judgement about things they know too little about - ie. Canada and RRSP providers.

Been to some meetings. Know some people who have done very well with their RRSP's. Not part of the inside as a consultant though. As to the guarantee I see enough integrity in the leadership to admit if something wasn't what it appeared to be. Did hear of one opportunity where they (company) walked away from a deal because it was shaky. They seem to be very concerned and committed to dealing with only reputable providers. To date I haven't seen or heard from others of any that haven't been credible and reputable.
Googling your company and doing some PR, eh?

I hope I'm not wasting your time. This forum, I believe, is available to the public who have questions about investments. I stumbled upon it in my search, as a private citizen, to look into a company that I'm considering doing business with. This would be the perfect place to come for some advice. Unfortunately, and I'm not sure why, but some people seem to think that I'm asking these questions for other reasons. I'm not dissing them, and I'm not supporting them. I'm searching for answers.

I've had some very good advice, which I've taken (I've already bought 2 books), and intend on holding off on doing anything until I become more informed. So I thank those who have given me some sage advice.

I'm sorry if I seem naive, or like a 14-year-old girl with a crush on a punk, but I'm just like you -- here to get advice. I'm just starting my journey in investing, as you were at one point in your life too.

Abreutime,

I can't stop you from thinking it's PR. All I can say is that Yes I did google HEIR and found this site. I was looking for what the online had to say about it to satisfy my curiousity. No felt urge or need to PR for it. However, what I've found is a chippy attitude here that seems more prepared to toss out insults as opposed to giving it a fair shake. I know a little. That's what I've shared. If there is someone who knows a lot more let them reveal it all. But for those who know next to nothing to make the outlandish comments they are is an insult to us all.

Sarah, the fool might well be the one who rushes to judgement about things they know too little about - ie. Canada and RRSP providers.

I know a bit about Canada and RRSP's. I've lived here for 58 years and have a fair chunk of change in RRSP's. I also know SPAM when I see it. If you and just-wondering wanted a Canadian perspective on this, you would try the people at Financial Webring . This a great Canadian site for those interested in investing in Canada.

Time for the mods to put up a sign "Closed due to Tainted SPAM".

To the moderator and moderator emeritus: You both have a very harsh and unyielding attitude. This is the first day I have even been aware of this site. I make a few comments about HEIR and what do I get? Disparaging comments that reveal more about yourselves and your refusal to consider something you are not very familiar with. You tar and feather with a heavy brush without looking very deeply. I'm not saying that my look at it is as deep and diligent as it might be but at least I can speak from a Canadian perspective about RRSP's which you seem quite unwilling to consider.

I don't know anything about investing "Canadian style", but the pitch on the HEIR website sounds alarmingly like the pitch used for Amway. Apparently I'm not the only one who thinks this...

So, how about this:

1. Post an intro on the "Hi, I am"
2. Start a thread about real estate investing. There are several RE investors on the board.

As a reminder to members, if spam is suspected please us the Report Post button on the lower left of the post.

Unfortunately, in this case it not clear whether either of the two posters talking about HEIR have some agenda to drum up business for HEIR. In any event, I echo what HFWR has to say. If you want to talk real estate investments, introduce yourself and start a thread about real estate investments in general. Or, do as Kumquat suggests and check out Financial Webring.

A number here have expressed concern about HEIR and there seems to be no reason to beat a dead horse and continue to talk about it. So, this thread is being closed.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom