Join Early Retirement Today
Closed Thread

Old 11-04-2008, 03:55 PM   #41
Confused about dryer sheets

To the moderator and moderator emeritus: You both have a very harsh and unyielding attitude. This is the first day I have even been aware of this site. I make a few comments about HEIR and what do I get? Disparaging comments that reveal more about yourselves and your refusal to consider something you are not very familiar with. You tar and feather with a heavy brush without looking very deeply. I'm not saying that my look at it is as deep and diligent as it might be but at least I can speak from a Canadian perspective about RRSP's which you seem quite unwilling to consider.

Sarah, the fool might well be the one who rushes to judgement about things they know too little about - ie. Canada and RRSP providers.

Join the #1 Early Retirement and Financial Independence Forum Today - It's Totally Free!

Are you planning to be financially independent as early as possible so you can live life on your own terms? Discuss successful investing strategies, asset allocation models, tax strategies and other related topics in our online forum community. Our members range from young folks just starting their journey to financial independence, military retirees and even multimillionaires. No matter where you fit in you'll find that Early-Retirement.org is a great community to join. Best of all it's totally FREE!

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest so you have limited access to our community. Please take the time to register and you will gain a lot of great new features including; the ability to participate in discussions, network with our members, see fewer ads, upload photographs, create a retirement blog, send private messages and so much, much more!

Old 11-04-2008, 03:56 PM   #42
Recycles dryer sheets

Quote:
Originally Posted by stanhope View Post
Been to some meetings. Know some people who have done very well with their RRSP's. Not part of the inside as a consultant though. As to the guarantee I see enough integrity in the leadership to admit if something wasn't what it appeared to be. Did hear of one opportunity where they (company) walked away from a deal because it was shaky. They seem to be very concerned and committed to dealing with only reputable providers. To date I haven't seen or heard from others of any that haven't been credible and reputable.
Googling your company and doing some PR, eh?

Old 11-04-2008, 04:02 PM   #43
Dryer sheet wannabe

I hope I'm not wasting your time. This forum, I believe, is available to the public who have questions about investments. I stumbled upon it in my search, as a private citizen, to look into a company that I'm considering doing business with. This would be the perfect place to come for some advice. Unfortunately, and I'm not sure why, but some people seem to think that I'm asking these questions for other reasons. I'm not dissing them, and I'm not supporting them. I'm searching for answers.

I've had some very good advice, which I've taken (I've already bought 2 books), and intend on holding off on doing anything until I become more informed. So I thank those who have given me some sage advice.

I'm sorry if I seem naive, or like a 14-year-old girl with a crush on a punk, but I'm just like you -- here to get advice. I'm just starting my journey in investing, as you were at one point in your life too.
Old 11-04-2008, 04:10 PM   #44
Confused about dryer sheets

Abreutime,

I can't stop you from thinking it's PR. All I can say is that Yes I did google HEIR and found this site. I was looking for what the online had to say about it to satisfy my curiousity. No felt urge or need to PR for it. However, what I've found is a chippy attitude here that seems more prepared to toss out insults as opposed to giving it a fair shake. I know a little. That's what I've shared. If there is someone who knows a lot more let them reveal it all. But for those who know next to nothing to make the outlandish comments they are is an insult to us all.
Old 11-04-2008, 04:17 PM   #45
Thinks s/he gets paid by the post

Quote:

Sarah, the fool might well be the one who rushes to judgement about things they know too little about - ie. Canada and RRSP providers.
I know a bit about Canada and RRSP's. I've lived here for 58 years and have a fair chunk of change in RRSP's. I also know SPAM when I see it. If you and just-wondering wanted a Canadian perspective on this, you would try the people at Financial Webring . This a great Canadian site for those interested in investing in Canada.

Time for the mods to put up a sign "Closed due to Tainted SPAM".
Old 11-04-2008, 04:28 PM   #46
Give me a museum and I'll fill it. (Picasso)
Give me a forum ...

Quote:
To the moderator and moderator emeritus: You both have a very harsh and unyielding attitude. This is the first day I have even been aware of this site. I make a few comments about HEIR and what do I get? Disparaging comments that reveal more about yourselves and your refusal to consider something you are not very familiar with. You tar and feather with a heavy brush without looking very deeply. I'm not saying that my look at it is as deep and diligent as it might be but at least I can speak from a Canadian perspective about RRSP's which you seem quite unwilling to consider.

I don't know anything about investing "Canadian style", but the pitch on the HEIR website sounds alarmingly like the pitch used for Amway. Apparently I'm not the only one who thinks this...

So, how about this:

1. Post an intro on the "Hi, I am"
2. Start a thread about real estate investing. There are several RE investors on the board.

...not doing anything of true substance...
Old 11-04-2008, 04:36 PM   #47
Moderator Emeritus

As a reminder to members, if spam is suspected please us the Report Post button on the lower left of the post.

Unfortunately, in this case it not clear whether either of the two posters talking about HEIR have some agenda to drum up business for HEIR. In any event, I echo what HFWR has to say. If you want to talk real estate investments, introduce yourself and start a thread about real estate investments in general. Or, do as Kumquat suggests and check out Financial Webring.

A number here have expressed concern about HEIR and there seems to be no reason to beat a dead horse and continue to talk about it. So, this thread is being closed.

No more lawyer stuff, no more political stuff, so no more CYA

Closed Thread