Help convince me to go more conservative

Well, assuming $ to last for you? No Younger Spouce? You got about 30 yrs to go
-Taking out 4% Yr?
-Many advise at least a 40/60-60/40
-Using the Lazymans Ports? Why? Compare the Coffeehouse to Just VWELX .
-Why not use your Experience just Using a Couple of Balanced funds and a Bond Fund instead now?
-It's just like being a Business Owner and having Mgrs. doing their jobs for you and you get the best out of their work ..
-Using those Bal Funds is Like Hiring 2 different FA's
-You run a 60/40 port, but use only VWELX/VWINX ( Admrial of course)
-VWELX for your Recovery and Bull Yrs and VWINX for your Bear Yrs..
-Result? You would have Not just Made More! But you would have Lost Less, alot less!
-And Oh! BTW? After you Retire from making that "Easy $" from your Job/Business? Your Gambling Days are over.. Since you won't have anymore of that Easy $ comming in to make up for big mistakes.
-Only exception is? If you have Extra $ you can go Gamble with and won't need to count on.. Like I did..

We will see how big they are once you retire.:rolleyes:
I could turn into a bowl of jello at that time. I don't know how long I can keep up this guy stuff.

Then was then, now is now. I learn, I plan, but I could lose my nerve. I ain't a machine (an old broken-down engineer, but not a machine). I have good models, but you never know until you get there.

One of the things I remember vividly was when I was young, taking a bus from Seattle south to Portland. As we were leaving the terminal, there was a very old man walking on the sidewalk, crying as he walked, with his pants half down and soiled. Seattle has always been a place for outliers and derelicts. How am I different from him? Always been an outlier. Making an effort to avoid destitution.

You are welcome to watch. My journey is what it will be. I hope not to be the old guy on the street. I hope to provide for my spouse in the event that I precede her so that she has comfort and peace. At this time, I have about 1/10th of the assets of the OP. I have to keep my nerve. I have to consider things that my parents would never have imagined. My great-grand parents, maybe.

Back
Top Bottom