Join Early Retirement Today

Re: help in planing
Old 03-05-2005, 01:34 PM   #141

Quote:
Lighten up boys! *

I would like to see the harrassment of Ed stop. He knows a lot of things, he has actually been there and done that on many fronts.

I'm not sure that this forum would work best if everyone other than Dilberts and former Dilberts could be driven off.

Mikey

Gotta disagree with you here Mikey. He started it with an opening salvo to me. He then went on with a Racist and Sexist diatribe that would p*ss off anyone with any intelligence at all.

I quit responding to him, mostly because i don't converse with idiots. He brings it on himself, and if he personally does not enjoy the attacks, then he can find an Aran White Nation Forum and live happily ever after.
Join the #1 Early Retirement and Financial Independence Forum Today - It's Totally Free!

Are you planning to be financially independent as early as possible so you can live life on your own terms? Discuss successful investing strategies, asset allocation models, tax strategies and other related topics in our online forum community. Our members range from young folks just starting their journey to financial independence, military retirees and even multimillionaires. No matter where you fit in you'll find that Early-Retirement.org is a great community to join. Best of all it's totally FREE!

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest so you have limited access to our community. Please take the time to register and you will gain a lot of great new features including; the ability to participate in discussions, network with our members, see fewer ads, upload photographs, create a retirement blog, send private messages and so much, much more!

Old 03-05-2005, 03:36 PM   #142
Give me a museum and I'll fill it. (Picasso)
Give me a forum ...

Quote:
Gotta disagree with you here Mikey. He started it with an opening salvo to me. He then went on with a Racist and Sexist diatribe that would p*ss off anyone with any intelligence at all.
My secret is out- I have no intelligence at all
Mikey

Old 03-05-2005, 04:27 PM   #143
Moderator Emeritus

Quote:
I think she said in another thread that she was using a cell phone connection to "dial up". A feature of many upper end phones. Some new wireless services showing up about now offer both fixed and mobile high speed wireless connections. I can get high speed wireless to my house (~1Mb/s) for $20-30 a month. "ThreeG" is one of the offerings. 802.16 is another.
Yeah, I am using Verizon "National Access" to get on the Internet. No ISP needed beyond Verizon. It isn't quite as slow as dial up but close. It isn't available everywhere but in the eastern half of the US the coverage is great. Some places where it isn't available because I am not on the Verizon network, I can still get on the Internet through a very slow 14.4 connection. OK for email.

John, didn't get to Caravelle, but spent a fair amount of time in the Destin area.

Right now in D'lo Mississippi planning to canoe tomorrow.

Martha

No more lawyer stuff, no more political stuff, so no more CYA

Martha is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-06-2005, 03:39 AM   #144

Hi TH, you hitting on me again, I told you in the last pm that I am strait.
any way, I agree with john, I bought the book where to retire, It is very helpful with finding locations.
It gives you state by state tax, housing, food, and health costs on average.
there is also a web site my spot.com, you fill out a question sheet, and if gives you the best spots that fit your profile. you can also direct it as to what region you want to live. south west, south east, ect.
there are many nice places in the south, but fla. is not on my top, I lived there for 7 years. and it is getting too expensive. and crowded.

cut, "he started it" I bet if were on bus together you would be yelling "HE'S TOUCHING ME HE'S TOUCHING Me"
By the way th, I really am not a raciest, a raciest feels that their race if superior and I don't, I feel people should be taken one at a time, but I also do not go with the liberal crap that the Indians were screwed, It was wrong to have slaves, ect. was it wrong, sure it was all wrong, but there were wrongs on both sides, and guess do your history, blacks hunted and sold blacks into slavery in Africa, and still do some pretty nasty things there. but you know what? the slavery, and Indian wars is all history, and that is where is should stay, I get sick and tired of the liberal bringing up how is is a white mans problem today.
bull crap, my grate granddaddy what ever he did or did not do is not the responsibility of me or any one else. and it is not the responsibility of any Indian to repay or take responsibility for the killing of any white settler.
I even take it to Germany, when the last holocaust victim is dead, and the last nsdap party member is dead that took part in those events, then it is just that dead, and in the history books.
The liberals have no ideas and so they have to keep this crap alive to keep what voting base they have, minorities [by promising them something for free] and stupid white people.
Take Jessie Jackson, I do not respect him at all, he need racism kept alive, why, he is out of a job if it is dead. so he goes around spewing any far fetched load of crap and those that want to be victims follow. very sad the road the liberals have taken some of the party down,
I will stop saying dems. because there are some good dems. I.E. zell miller, Joe Lieberman, the latter who has the common since to say that the war in Iraq is a necessary evil.
the liberals would have us sit in trees singing coumbya holding hands telling eachother as the radical Moslems blow up NY that we deserve it because we have destroyed the earth, created a green house effect, killed millions of innocent people for us expansion and we are no better than Nazi's.
Well boys that is exactly why you have lost the election in 94 and have continued to loose since.
Old 03-06-2005, 04:09 AM   #145
Give me a forum ...

It was 2000 when Gore lost.

Glad you're here to pick on - JG was getting lonely.

Although, it's more fun in the dougnut shop to watch old Chuck's(not his real name) face turn red when I tell him what a sweetie Hillary Clinton is *- or Ted Kennedy is really distinguished now that he has grey hair.

GWB is way too liberal - but the best they could do according to him.

When you get 'old' you will realize both sides are trying to pick your pocket in one way or another.
Old 03-06-2005, 04:16 AM   #146

Hi unclemick! Yep, ed really took the pressure off

I agree with your friend "Chuck" about GWB being way
too liberal, but then almost everyone is for me.
Alan Keyes might have gotten my vote if I was
registered.

I certainly agree with you about both sides trying
to
"get in your pocket".

JG
Old 03-06-2005, 05:58 AM   #147

I totaly agree about the pocket thing, personaly I dont like the federal government, an evil that we need for things like national defence, but an oh so dangerous evil.
I know picking on the dems is like picking a piece of crap out of the old septic tank and saying this piece of crap stinks more then the others.
But the liberals have been taken over by the extreme nut jobs, anti everything, animal rights, tree hugging, women non leg shaving, femminazi's, and the list goes on and on, you know if the dems would return to the days of FDR, and truman, they could sweep the cong. and white house.
But instead they pander to the likes of mumia,ed asner,fonda,kenned[hickop]y, phoolsy, and many of the black [the white man is evil] types like louie the moslem.
as long as they burn suv's, and the flag,spike trees, and fight against private property rights, they will loose.
you have liberal teachers telling kids who cant tie their own shoes that we brought nine eleven on ourselves.
They never learn, they just go fly fishing.
Old 03-06-2005, 08:33 AM   #148
Thinks s/he gets paid by the post

Quote:
Lighten up boys! *

I would like to see the harrassment of Ed stop. He knows a lot of things, he has actually been there and done that on many fronts.

I'm not sure that this forum would work best if everyone other than Dilberts and former Dilberts could be driven off.

Mikey
Mikey: Agree with you on this.
Ed strikes me as a young guy that has done a lot of living. I just read all of his posts, and while some remarks could be considered not PC (Like many of us from time to time), he had the guts to sit down at his keyboard and let it rip.
Ed, for sure, has strong opinions about a lot of different subjects, but I see no evidence that he is a racist.
I personally feel that the "piling on" is because he isn't marching in lock-step with the majority of posters on this board.
By the way Hyperborea, what's your purpose for pointing out spelling errors on two of Ed's posts? (You're better than that!).
Old 03-06-2005, 02:33 PM   #149
Give me a forum ...

I'm afraid there wont be any apologies from me.

Ed started tirades against people, was the first to insult, and his posts are incoherent, rude, insulting, ignorant and racist.
Be fearful when others are greedy, and greedy when others are fearful. Just another form of "buy low, sell high" for those who have trouble with things. This rule is not universal. Do not buy a 1973 Pinto because everyone else is afraid of it.
cute fuzzy bunny is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-06-2005, 02:44 PM   #150

Hey TH, I don't think you owe anyone an apology
(even though you compare gun owners to
rattlesnakes). I do think you should cut Ed some
slack. Maybe his delivery could be more polished but
he obviously feels strongly about important issues.
And, we still have that thing called the First Amendment.
I say let the invective flow. It's healthy in the long run
IMHO.

JG
Old 03-06-2005, 05:54 PM   #151

TH, try not to whine so much, be a big boy and debate.
Old 03-06-2005, 08:53 PM   #152

Quote:
Hey TH, I don't think you owe anyone an apology
(even though you compare gun owners to
rattlesnakes). *. . . .

JG
I think that was me, John. :P But I really thought that at least a few gun toters would find the analogy to be complimentary. Maybe I have a higher opinion of rattlesnakes than most of the rest of you.
Old 03-07-2005, 03:50 AM   #153

. guru, you need to strap on a colt 1911A1 grab a couple of mags, and blast some targets on the range, I bet you will change your mind, something about that cordite smell in the am, gets your blood going.
You know when you demonize and inanimate object that is not being reasonable or using reason, you are following the liberal way of strict emotion.
emotion with out the leash of reason is doomed to fail.
A knife can be used for cutting your steak or stabbing grandma to death, on is a proper use the other is not [depending on grandma]lol
the same is with a car, it can get you from point a to b, and the same with a bottle of makers mark, you can sit down at home or a bar and have a social drink, but if you put the two together, you have a recipe for disaster, so do we ban liquor, cars,? some extreme leftists would say yes, but they hate anything that is establishment, no we do not, we punish the misuse of items or the acts that are deemed to be nonsocial behavior.
Liberals think that when a baby falls into a bucket and drowns that it is the bucket makers fault, hence all five gallon buckets have a big warning label on the outside.
They have tried to do the same with firearms,but contrary to runaway jury, the courts have dismissed every case brought in the states, why because the guns did not do any thing wrong, the only gun cases won, are those that the maker made a product that was faulty, to sue gunmakers is like suing general motors for making a car that went down the road,,,,, hey libs,, can you say duhhhhhhhh?
The courts have ruled that the second amendment is a individual right, so boys your work is cut out, you need to get a bill through the sen. then house, signed by the pres, oh and passed by 2/3s then through 2/3s of the state congresses. I don't think we have to much to worry about.
I know it is a bumper sticker but I lover it all the same, TED KENNEDY'S CAR HAS KILLED MORE PEOPLE THAN MY GUN lol, to funny. and true.
Old 03-07-2005, 09:22 AM   #154

user = ed teach, click (virtual delete button)
Old 03-07-2005, 10:42 AM   #155
Give me a forum ...

I dont have any problem with anyones rights to express their opinions, even when they're very poorly informed. I appreciate people who feel strongly about issues and express those opinions...when they leave out the hate, invective and ignorance. Lets face it, when you get to that point, you've already lost the 'debate'.

I guess the good news for the folks who were upset that I've been 'picking on Ed' is that I quickly get bored matching wits with an unarmed man.

Ed joins ***** on the 'auto ignore' list. Although wouldnt they make quite a pair? ***** could regale us with long winded passive-aggressive trolls thinly disguised as paranoid SWR issues while Ed ponders *****' gayness and skin color...
Be fearful when others are greedy, and greedy when others are fearful. Just another form of "buy low, sell high" for those who have trouble with things. This rule is not universal. Do not buy a 1973 Pinto because everyone else is afraid of it.
Old 03-07-2005, 11:37 AM   #156

Why TH, it is magnanimous of you to give your approval to express my opinion, I look forward to your next syllable with great eagerness.
But you and the libs on the forum have yet to take the time to use facts to make a point.
Instead you banter about people who have guns are rattle snakes, and then beg off by saying I get board with people like this very easily, I think it is more like the facts go over your head. try looking up. hahahahahaha
Old 03-07-2005, 11:55 AM   #157

ed,

magnanimous,

I'm impressed for a change.

MJ
Old 03-07-2005, 12:32 PM   #158
Give me a forum ...

I think Ed has someone helping him write a few of his sentences, especially since 90% of his posts lack correct basic spelling and syntax. For him to utter "Why TH, it is magnanimous of you to give your approval to express my opinion, I look forward to your next syllable with great eagerness." on his own would be a little surprising. In fact, if one of my dogs said the same thing, I'd be a little less stunned. Those few bits that he clearly had some help with sound very similar to the phony 'cut-throat' post.

Wife/boyfriend looking over your shoulder and helping you a little Ed?

Although maybe he just watched "Arthur" and was paraphrasing Sir John Gielgud's "You obviously have a wonderful economy with words. I look forward to your next syllable with great eagerness."

Eddie...I think when you've gotten down to the junior high school "I think yer gay!", that you've elected to leave the land of discussing points with facts...
Old 03-07-2005, 12:48 PM   #159

Edward is primarily intoxicated by the exuberance of his
own verbosity. I too am coping with this affliction.
OTOH, I agree with a lot of what he has to say. Thus,
I am compelled to view his posts empathitically and
to support his hypostatizations.

JG
Old 03-07-2005, 12:52 PM   #160
Moderator Emeritus

I think Cal wrote on another board, "don't feed the troll and it will go away". We are all off topic anyway, wasn't this about help in planing er planning?