Join Early Retirement Today

Help! Just received tickets from Robert Allen
Old 01-10-2006, 07:51 PM   #1
Recycles dryer sheets

Help! Just received tickets from Robert Allen

Hi Guys--

I just received two free tickets in my mail from Robert Allen, who says he's pldged to make 1,000 new real estate millionaires. Looks interesting. And the cost (going in of course) is about right. I don't think a meal will be provided. Have any of you attended this seminar & is this worth my while?

Professor
education is offline   Reply With Quote
Join the #1 Early Retirement and Financial Independence Forum Today - It's Totally Free!

Are you planning to be financially independent as early as possible so you can live life on your own terms? Discuss successful investing strategies, asset allocation models, tax strategies and other related topics in our online forum community. Our members range from young folks just starting their journey to financial independence, military retirees and even multimillionaires. No matter where you fit in you'll find that Early-Retirement.org is a great community to join. Best of all it's totally FREE!

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest so you have limited access to our community. Please take the time to register and you will gain a lot of great new features including; the ability to participate in discussions, network with our members, see fewer ads, upload photographs, create a retirement blog, send private messages and so much, much more!

Re: Help! Just received tickets from Robert Allen
Old 01-10-2006, 08:11 PM   #2
Give me a museum and I'll fill it. (Picasso) Give me a forum ...

Disclaimer: I don't know the first thing about Robert Allen.

But this guy certainly has an opinion about Mr. Allen and his programs:

"...In my opinion, you would have negative cash flow following his books. And I think at worst, you would go bankrupt and wind up in jail. He never actually says it, but his nothing-down techniques practically require you to mislead an institutional lender or take advantage of an unsophisticated seller or both. I think he wants to give you this message without actually coming out and saying it for obvious reasons..."

"...I am now told by trusted sources that Robert Allen is sending out bulk email soliciting customers for a business opportunity that has "nothing to do with real estate." One reader tells me Allen is now into multi-level marketing of vitamins. As far as I'm concerned, nothing he has ever done had anything to do with real estate. It was merely about making Robert Allen rich and famous..."

http://www.onlyreviews.com/robertallen.html

Old 01-10-2006, 08:30 PM   #3
Full time employment: Posting here.

Quote:
I just received two free tickets in my mail from Robert Allen, who says he's pldged to make 1,000 new real estate millionaires. Looks interesting. And the cost (going in of course) is about right. I don't think a meal will be provided. Have any of you attended this seminar & is this worth my while?
The stuff these guys preach can be found on the internet and it costs nothing more than the time you invest. If you attend, go with a skeptical mind and keep your cc at home.
Old 01-10-2006, 08:51 PM   #4
Recycles dryer sheets

Like I said--I don't think they are providing food. At least with some of the Merrill Lynch seminars you got a tourist class ham sandwich!!!!!!!!!! I think I'll just stay home and read what you guys are doing.

Professor
Old 01-11-2006, 04:32 AM   #5
Recycles dryer sheets

Go but keep a tight grip on your wallet, those "free" shows are designed only to get you to buy into his material.
My best advice is to go buy some good books on real estate (look up John T Reed he gives about the best advice out there) and learn from those. I've bought and built upwards of 91 homes and I've never come across anything remotely close to some of the deals Allen and the likes of Carlton Sheets will describe to you.

PJ03 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-11-2006, 08:49 AM   #6
Thinks s/he gets paid by the post

Quote:
Originally Posted by Professor
Like I said--I don't think they are providing food. At least with some of the Merrill Lynch seminars you got a tourist class ham sandwich!!!!!!!!!! I think I'll just stay home and read what you guys are doing.

Professor
Are you kidding? You must be ripping off visiting with the wrong ML brokers financial reps

My friends and I regularly enjoy free dinners at Ruth Chris on ML's tab by responding to totally unsolicited invites we get in the mail.

saluki9 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-11-2006, 11:21 AM   #7
Recycles dryer sheets

Lucky you, Saluki9!!!!!!!!!!!!

I think the best I ever did was a meal at the Olive Garden and I had to run the gauntlet of advisors/sales sharks to get out the door!!!!! I don't know if the food is ever worth the hassle. And then the never-ending follow-up calls for the next 3 months.

Professor
Old 01-11-2006, 12:21 PM   #8

Quote:
Originally Posted by Professor
Lucky you, Saluki9!!!!!!!!!!!!

I think the best I ever did was a meal at the Olive Garden and I had to run the gauntlet of advisors/sales sharks to get out the door!!!!! I don't know if the food is ever worth the hassle. And then the never-ending follow-up calls for the next 3 months.

Professor
The one that most amazed me was a dinner we went to recently for Ameriprise (Formerly Amex) that was hosted at a popular chicago area chain (Wildfire) we gulped down $100 or so each worth of wine and steak and we NEVER had to deal with anybody. They just came around and shook our hands. Very funny
saluki9 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-11-2006, 12:47 PM   #9

Quote:
Originally Posted by saluki9
The one that most amazed me was a dinner we went to recently for Ameriprise (Formerly Amex) that was hosted at a popular chicago area chain (Wildfire) we gulped down $100 or so each worth of wine and steak and we NEVER had to deal with anybody. They just came around and shook our hands. Very funny
I went to an Ameriprise deal - Quizno's subs. 5 minute speech about their product and service offering. Gave a bogus phone number to them and (of course) never heard from 'em again.
justin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-11-2006, 02:52 PM   #10
Give me a museum and I'll fill it. (Picasso)
Give me a forum ...

Quote:
Originally Posted by saluki9
Somewhere, a group of amex sales guys are laughing about how they regularly get expensive free meals by taking random prospects out, expensing the meals and then never following up with them...
Be fearful when others are greedy, and greedy when others are fearful. Just another form of "buy low, sell high" for those who have trouble with things. This rule is not universal. Do not buy a 1973 Pinto because everyone else is afraid of it.
cute fuzzy bunny is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-11-2006, 06:35 PM   #11
Recycles dryer sheets

Here's a great real estate opportunity for you.

http://www.magellantt.com/files/1133...6e5941b7731c90

Skip Hawaii. Ignore England. What you want is a luxury apartment in lovely Ulaanbaatar Mongolia. By the way, the guy on the right will be your new neighbor.
mikew is offline   Reply With Quote