Join Early Retirement Today

Old 08-14-2017, 05:21 PM   #61
Recycles dryer sheets

Quote:
Originally Posted by gcgang View Post
Bitcoin surges to record above $2,500

Anybody ever buy any Bitcoin?

Anyone know how to buy it? Not that now, at $2500+, up 150% in 2017, is the time to buy it.
I got lucky.

At the beginning of the year, a vendor I use offered a 10% discount if you paid with Bitcoin. So, I stumbled my way through setting up an account. I ended up transferring more money than I needed and just parked the add'l funds in a Bitcoin wallet.

I forgot about it until a week ago. I went into the account and discovered my funds had increased in value by more than 30%.

Oh yeah.

Join the #1 Early Retirement and Financial Independence Forum Today - It's Totally Free!

Are you planning to be financially independent as early as possible so you can live life on your own terms? Discuss successful investing strategies, asset allocation models, tax strategies and other related topics in our online forum community. Our members range from young folks just starting their journey to financial independence, military retirees and even multimillionaires. No matter where you fit in you'll find that Early-Retirement.org is a great community to join. Best of all it's totally FREE!

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest so you have limited access to our community. Please take the time to register and you will gain a lot of great new features including; the ability to participate in discussions, network with our members, see fewer ads, upload photographs, create a retirement blog, send private messages and so much, much more!

Old 08-14-2017, 05:37 PM   #62
Thinks s/he gets paid by the post

If you missed out on Bitcoin's rise, you can always try one of the other similar things, like mailing five letters with $1 in each to XXX and waiting for your money to start rolling in.

Old 08-14-2017, 07:35 PM   #63
Moderator Emeritus

Quote:
Originally Posted by Fermion View Post
If you missed out on Bitcoin's rise, you can always try one of the other similar things, like mailing five letters with $1 in each to XXX and waiting for your money to start rolling in.
Yeah, what we need are good old chain letters again. The only problem is that the Post Office has to deliver them, and we know how well that goes on a regular basis.
Old 08-15-2017, 02:06 PM   #64

We still have 1 miner that is profitable. I love seeing the rising value.
Old 08-15-2017, 02:08 PM   #65
Recycles dryer sheets

The sleaziest member of my extended family has been involved in Bitcoin from very early on, which tells me about all I need to know.
Old 09-08-2017, 05:12 PM   #66
Full time employment: Posting here.

https://www.forbes.com/sites/laurash...rypto-bubble/2

Saw this Olaf Carlson Wee guy on CNBC talking about crypto currencies. 27 year old Sociology major on the cutting edge.

He spoke of the long term, implying, I think, there will be a day when crypto-c's will underlie the global financial system. The implosion of our current banking system, which almost happened in 2008, would have to happen first. Not so hard to imagine when you think about the stuff Central Banks are still doing.
Old 09-08-2017, 05:58 PM   #67
Recycles dryer sheets

I bought some BTC back in 2015. I use coin base out in SF as my broker
Old 10-12-2017, 02:49 PM   #68

Bumping so we don't forget....

As of 12 October, $5200... Up70% in less than a month.
Old 10-12-2017, 03:43 PM   #69

We cashed out 2 went it was high. We still have 14 and still mining so still earning. We initially invested 3k four years ago and mining paid all the expenses. We have cashed out 14 k in total so pretty happy. My son was the brains behind this operation.
Old 10-13-2017, 06:41 AM   #70

I got some of the chocolate gold foil wrapped ones on E-Bay, without any monetary value. Haven't tasted them.

My boss at my part time gig is all into things like Bitcoin, Canadian Mining stocks and any other hot un- conventional " Investments ". He owns 3 timeshares , so he must know more about investments than me.
Old 10-13-2017, 07:09 AM   #71
Confused about dryer sheets

I used Coinbase in 2014 to buy and Bisq (formerly Bitsquare) to sell ever since. Also own ETH and NEO.
Old 10-13-2017, 07:20 AM   #72
Recycles dryer sheets

Anyone who bought Bitcoin has had a nice run. Now you have to think when to sell it. Nothing goes to the moon forever. I still remember 1999. Has anything changed? I don't think so. I wouldn't want to be caught swimming naked with this. I've been caught before and when it happens you will not be able to tell until it's too late.