Hiring a Financial Planner

The OP may have found an advisor they like, but if anyone else is looking, I like Kent Smetter's site. he's a professor at Univ of Pennsylvania and he hosts a financial planning radio show on Sirius once a week. He gets no fees from any of the advisors on his site. He will only list "fee only" advisors who like low cost index investing for a large part of the investments.

The advisors on his site are fee only, but many charge by AUM which may be more than someone wants. So look at the descriptions and check their websites to see if they'll do an hourly or fixed fee project charge.

Kent On Money

The OP may have found an advisor they like, but if anyone else is looking, I like Kent Smetter's site. he's a professor at Univ of Pennsylvania and he hosts a financial planning radio show on Sirius once a week. He gets no fees from any of the advisors on his site. He will only list "fee only" advisors who like low cost index investing for a large part of the investments.

The advisors on his site are fee only, but many charge by AUM which may be more than someone wants. So look at the descriptions and check their websites to see if they'll do an hourly or fixed fee project charge.

Kent On Money

We are going to meet with one other guy before we decide.

I did check out that site but the advisors are not all fee only ones and there are no advisors close to where I live.

Last edited:
Back
Top Bottom