Join Early Retirement Today

House Of Rep looks at Mortgage Company CEOs
Old 03-08-2008, 04:53 PM   #1
Give me a museum and I'll fill it. (Picasso)
Give me a forum ...

House Of Rep looks at Mortgage Company CEOs

Apparently Republican Reps ran interference for the fat cats that caused this mess.

It wasn't their fault. But pay them anyway.

Puzzling Pay Packages - Forbes.com
chinaco is offline   Reply With Quote
Join the #1 Early Retirement and Financial Independence Forum Today - It's Totally Free!

Are you planning to be financially independent as early as possible so you can live life on your own terms? Discuss successful investing strategies, asset allocation models, tax strategies and other related topics in our online forum community. Our members range from young folks just starting their journey to financial independence, military retirees and even multimillionaires. No matter where you fit in you'll find that Early-Retirement.org is a great community to join. Best of all it's totally FREE!

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest so you have limited access to our community. Please take the time to register and you will gain a lot of great new features including; the ability to participate in discussions, network with our members, see fewer ads, upload photographs, create a retirement blog, send private messages and so much, much more!

Old 03-09-2008, 12:20 AM   #2
Thinks s/he gets paid by the post

Quote:
Prince said in his testimony that much of the media's reporting on his pay was inaccurate, adding that Citi's Board of Directors uses a third-party consultant to advise the company on its executives' pay. "Citigroup has worked hard to align management's interests with the interests of shareholders," he said.
Since the third-party consultant is hired by the board, his/her recommendation would be closely tied to the number expected by the CEO. Should they be putting the interests of shareholders ahead of that of management? The entire issue that you need to have a huge compensation in order to attract top talents is beyond my comprehension. It implies that top talents are motivated by money only.
Spanky is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-09-2008, 05:37 AM   #3
Give me a museum and I'll fill it. (Picasso)
Give me a forum ...

I hope they investigate and see what they can fork up. Turn the IRS loose on them.

They will find something, one of them will lie and go to jail for perjury.

The whole thing was a money grab by the big banks due to low interest rates. They knew better. The whole game today is to make as much as one can anyway they can and retire/exit.

Send them to jail and send another message out to Top Management of companies. "You act irresponsibly... you go to jail and loose it all".
chinaco is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
mortgage