Join Early Retirement Today
Old 10-05-2007, 07:23 PM   #81
Thinks s/he gets paid by the post
Originally Posted by tryan View Post
Funny thing about a 20-25% decline from the 05 "peak" is that you're only back to the 04 prices. That's why I am still a seller in this market.
What's really funny it that I'd be a buyer in THIS (Washington DC) market for the same reason, providing I really needed to make a housing change, but it would influence how much house I bought. This market is super stable job-wise so the housing market is very unlikely to crash due to local economy. A recent unknown wild card is impact of immigrant home owners that could pack up and leave voluntarily or involuntarily.

jazz4cash is online now   Reply With Quote
Join the #1 Early Retirement and Financial Independence Forum Today - It's Totally Free!

Are you planning to be financially independent as early as possible so you can live life on your own terms? Discuss successful investing strategies, asset allocation models, tax strategies and other related topics in our online forum community. Our members range from young folks just starting their journey to financial independence, military retirees and even multimillionaires. No matter where you fit in you'll find that is a great community to join. Best of all it's totally FREE!

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest so you have limited access to our community. Please take the time to register and you will gain a lot of great new features including; the ability to participate in discussions, network with our members, see fewer ads, upload photographs, create a retirement blog, send private messages and so much, much more!

Old 10-05-2007, 07:58 PM   #82
gone traveling
Originally Posted by haha View Post
Are you thinking that a 4% increase in the number of houses listed for sale is HUGE? Seems low to me and probably explainable as the yearly increase that happens each year when the portion of buyers that want to close before school starts stop buying and the unsold listings sit because the realtors signed sellers to terms past August. And what is 4%? And extra 40 homes on the market? Is that really big against all the homes in the area?

A measley 1.2% increase in 18 metro areas with all the Credit/bubble/blah-blah talk seems to indicate that it is all talk. Do you see it differently or did you think the 4% was low also?

honobob is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-05-2007, 08:58 PM   #83
Recycles dryer sheets
It's ALL about the financing. If people can still get financing to buy a house, they will buy. If not, they won't, and prices will come down proportionally.

macdaddy is offline   Reply With Quote