• Yes

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • No

Votes: 23 65.7%
  • Not Sure

Votes: 12 34.3%

• Total voters

Purron

Give me a museum and I'll fill it. (Picasso) Give me a forum ...
Do you think this will help turn around the current housing mess we are in?

I voted no, since I don't think a bunch of politicians (any party, I'm not a partisan) can solve problems. They don't ever seem to grasp the law of unintended consequences. And that assumes they are really trying to help, as opposed to just assisting whatever special interest group owns them. :rant:

No. Politicians are pandering opportunists. Not problem solvers.

The solution to the "problem" is obvious. Stop lending to people who can't pay it back.

Sheesh. Can it really be that hard to understand?

I think that they just moved the pain that some people are experiencing to another day sometime in the future.

I think you're going to have to define "will it work?" with a little more granularity.

Shoot, I feel like i'm in a staff meeting.

That isnt a good thing.

I think you're going to have to define "will it work?" with a little more granularity.

Shoot, I feel like i'm in a staff meeting.

That isnt a good thing.

I've only been retired since January and suspect I still have some of the w*ork mentality. Trust me, the LAST thing I want to do is make anyone feel like they are in a meeting. It takes some time to shake it out of your system, particularly for those for of us who w*rked in the federal government. Perhaps I should have asked "do you think it will it help improve the housing market" with yes, no and not sure as options. In any event, that was the intent.

i voted don't know. I'm sure that the 50% of wage earners who pay Federal income taxes will be footing the bill for corporate and personal greed.:bat::bat::bat::bat:

No. Politicians are pandering opportunists. Not problem solvers.

The solution to the "problem" is obvious. Stop lending to people who can't pay it back.

Sheesh. Can it really be that hard to understand?

No, that's pretty easy to understand. But the question is what should we do now that many people have already borrowed money that they can't pay back?

Yahbut, there are those quarterly goals and the up front commissions!

Who gives a rats patootey about whether the debt stops getting paid a year or two down the road. "I got mine"!

This mentality is rife through the corporations world wide. It just doesnt usually come home to roost so severely.

People arent compensated to do the right thing by the company, the country or the economy. Just knee-jerk quarterly results.

Back
Top Bottom