How about this for an airfare budget?

MooreBonds

Thinks s/he gets paid by the post

"In one recent divorce, the entire settlement was hung up on the issue of whether the former wife would be given $500,000 or $750,000 a year to cover first-class air travel, says Ken Burrows, an attorney who handles hedge fund divorces in New York and Connecticut." :eek: :eek: :eek:

Yet another strong argument for staying single if your skills go beyond attracting people of the opposite sex.

Also a strong argument for getting married if your skills lie mainly in sexual attractiveness.

Ha

If you're going to spend $500K+ on air travel, why the hell would you fly commercial?

If you're going to spend $500K+ on air travel, why the hell would you fly commercial?

Do you think they let her entourage fly for free in 1st class? ;)

Either that...or she needs to fly a few of her prospective husband replacements 1st class on a few overseas trips to [-]manipulate and fool them into thinking she has money so they can be the next suckers[/-] wine and dine them as they court each other so she can find [-]another bank account[/-] "true love" ...

I'm guessing by "1st class airfare" they mean private jet. Difficult to spend $500K a year on first class tickets. Easily done with private jet travel. Private jet travel is like $4K per flight hour.

Yet another strong argument for staying single if your skills go beyond attracting people of the opposite sex.

Also a strong argument for getting married if your skills lie mainly in sexual attractiveness.

Ha

Single it is... :p

Sigh...Must be nice to have an annual airfare budget of $750k for 1st class travel.
Those NetJets shares ain't cheap-- and once you've flown NetJets, how can you fly anything else ever again?

Those NetJets shares ain't cheap-- and once you've flown NetJets, how can you fly anything else ever again?

I guess we should ask Tiger Woods, a well-known NetJets customer..........

When asked why he didn't just BUY ONE, his answer?

"Are you kidding me, those things are EXPENSIVE"!!!

(And he makes $100 MILLION a YEAR) :D:D

You might be able to.

I did work for a client who refused to fly commercial for safety concerns (worried about terrorists) and he liked being able to pull up to the airport 5 minutes before you were supposed to leave. So he bought a netjets share which worked great for two and three hour domestic flights.

Then he took his six seater to Europe. One trip across the North Atlantic with some foul weather thrown in was enough to convince him that he will stick to short domestic flights in his "little plane" and suffer through first class on the international flights.

I guess we should ask Tiger Woods, a well-known NetJets customer..........

When asked why he didn't just BUY ONE, his answer?

"Are you kidding me, those things are EXPENSIVE"!!!

(And he makes $100 MILLION a YEAR) :D:D

Who, among celebrities, LBYM? Who are the best money managers? I've heard Madonna is pretty savvy........

I'm guessing by "1st class airfare" they mean private jet. Difficult to spend $500K a year on first class tickets. Easily done with private jet travel. Private jet travel is like $4K per flight hour.

Have you ever looked at the price of actually buying a first class ticket? LAX - NYC is easily $5K. NYC to paris or london is almost double that. Throw in a guest or two and it can be done.

Have you ever looked at the price of actually buying a first class ticket? LAX - NYC is easily $5K. NYC to paris or london is almost double that. Throw in a guest or two and it can be done.
Newark-Honolulu is 10.5 hours, $2500, and worth every freakin' penny.

I always fly first class when available and my tickets are usually in the $1500 per seat range. I imagine if you fly overseas first class it could rack up quickly, but you'd have to fly a couple times a week with friends domestically to get > $500K.

LeBron eyes Buffett as model as he shoots for a billion - Jun. 14, 2007

Sounds like LeBron James is very open to being among the most financially astute (which could be said about anyone that wants to meet with Warrent Buffet)....and he's just 22!

He's got a LONG ways to a billion, while Tiger Woods is about halfway there..........;)

Tiger paid cash for almost the stuff he has. When asked why, he said: "I'm not a big believer in debt"...........sounds like Mom and Dad gave him a few life lessons...........:D

Sigh...Must be nice to have an annual airfare budget of $750k for 1st class travel.

But at the same time, these folks are getting divorced and presumably have some measure of unhappiness.

I'll take my happily-married, low-stress, lesser-means lifestyle over that situation any day.

- John

1st class airfares....

The price for first class tickets to Europe is amazing. Business class is ridiculously expensive too, but you can often find discounts (currently about 50-70% off.

I just scored some 1st class tickets frequent flyer tickets for a honeymoon in the south of France next fall..... When I checked, the published roundtrip airfare was about $12,500 each in first, $8750 in business, and $850 in coach.... Interesting that there was much less spread in the required points: 50k in coach, 80/90k in business, and 100k in first (but first class is very hard to get).

I have been bumped up to first class twice on transatlantic trips. It was very pleasant and the luxuries made the trip far less stressful. But no way was it worth $12,500. Everybody arrives at the same place at the same time.

Back
Top Bottom