How did you spend Black Friday ?

Spent it on the ladder being the first person on the street to put up their Christmas lights...hehehe, yup, numero Uno in our neighborhood!

Cost: $0.

Comments from your neighbors of "thanks for putting the pressure on the rest of us, wife already asking when ours are going up?" Priceless. :)

Loaned my neighbor my ladder - watched him get started. Then went inside and watched football.

heh heh heh - also took a nap. :cool:

I waited until 12:30 PM and then went to Best Buy. I bought a Mac Book Pro 13 inch laptop that was on sale for $150.00 off. I had a 20-30 minute wait, which I did not think was too bad. I used the time to people watch. I had $700.00 in gift cards from my rewards credit card, so ended up only putting $412 on my Discover card (for the cashback bonus). We made the switch to a Mac Desktop about a year ago. That was our first Apple product. Then DH got me the Ipod Touch last Christmas. Next will probably be the Ipad 3 after it comes out. The older we get, the easier we need things to be!

We went family hiking in Georgia mountains. I only needed to carry various "them" a couple of miles :D

Stayed at home laughing at all the reports of insanity.

Went to Wal Mart at 10:30pm (opened at 10pm) and parking lot was PACKED!! Some people parked elsewhere and walked over. Took awhile to get my fake christmas tree b/c of all the people blocking the aisle with their shopping carts and those people couldn't move b/c they were blocked by other shopping carts. Then waited about 30 mins to pay for my fake christmas tree.

All in all, it took me about an hour to get in and out and I only bought a fake chrstimas tree and some ornaments.

At the Nebraska football game. We managed to find tickets for a bit under face value, even though scalpers were asking double.

Never did understand the traditional Christmas shopping day being the day after Thanksgiving and avoid malls and big stores like the plague.

Spent my black Friday, cleaning gutters, mowing, getting the garage cleaned and organized for the winter. In addition to catching the LSU-Arkansas game.

How did the rest of you tightwads spend the tradition shopping day ?

LSU-Arkansas game - not much else.

I worked on my rental property to get it ready for a tenant. I did have to go to Lowes to get some wood screws....people could not believe that on Black Friday I only spent 39 cents. :shades:

I forgot how much they use that shopping $$ as a bellweather of the economy. I should have done my part-but I would have brought the average down.
I didn't shop that day but did go out for lunch in a shopping district.

I usually have the family over for a Thanksgiving feast the Sunday before Thanksgiving and then relax around the house for the full 4 day Thanksgiving weekend that I usually have. But I just FIRED from my job the Friday before Thanksgiving and it has been the most hectic Thanksgiving yet!

We've been moving slowly from Indiana to Tennessee since last spring (move a horse trailer full of stuff about once a month). But we just sold our house in Indiana and had to be out by the Monday before Thanksgiving (closing date). We figured we already had half our stuff moved so we should be able to rent a moving truck for the rest. We had a moving party on Saturday and loaded up the moving truck (we got the largest one available) - but of course not everything fit. We had planned for DH to drive the moving truck and for me to drive the pickup truck pulling the horses. But instead of loading the horse trailer with horses, we loaded it with the rest of our stuff and sent the horses over to the neighbors for a couple days.

So the Sunday before Thanksgiving we drove from IN to TN, then on Monday we unloaded everything into the barn in TN. We spent the next couple days organizing and unpacking and recovering. Then Thanksgiving we drove from TN to IN. On Black Friday, we picked up the horses before sunrise and drove from IN back to TN. I was a little concerned we might run into some Black Friday traffic - but it was fairly easy driving.

Why would anyone go out to shop on Black Friday when you can order online and have it delivered to your house? DH did have a computer monitor go bad just before moving and noticed the one he wanted was on sale (online) Thanksgiving day. He managed to order it right be fore we left for IN.

Went to a favorite restaurant for lunch with a BOGO coupon (Buy One Get One free) then came home and chilled.

Previous day involved lots more people at our little place, here. Two turkeys and lots of other stuff -- all consumable stuff.

Last edited:
Back
Top Bottom