Join Early Retirement Today
Old 03-14-2010, 03:30 PM   #21
Give me a museum and I'll fill it. (Picasso)
Give me a forum ...
Originally Posted by bbbamI View Post
Well, there does have to be a difference in men and women...otherwise it wouldn't be any fun....
Try explaining that to the gay community.

"Neither my companion or I carry firearms on our persons. We depend on the goodwill of our fellow man and the forbearance of reptiles."

- English Bob
brewer12345 is offline   Reply With Quote
Join the #1 Early Retirement and Financial Independence Forum Today - It's Totally Free!

Are you planning to be financially independent as early as possible so you can live life on your own terms? Discuss successful investing strategies, asset allocation models, tax strategies and other related topics in our online forum community. Our members range from young folks just starting their journey to financial independence, military retirees and even multimillionaires. No matter where you fit in you'll find that is a great community to join. Best of all it's totally FREE!

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest so you have limited access to our community. Please take the time to register and you will gain a lot of great new features including; the ability to participate in discussions, network with our members, see fewer ads, upload photographs, create a retirement blog, send private messages and so much, much more!

Old 03-14-2010, 04:11 PM   #22
Give me a museum and I'll fill it. (Picasso)
Give me a forum ...
Originally Posted by brewer12345 View Post
Try explaining that to the gay community.
My best friend is gay and the differences between he and I are why we've been best friends for over 20 years.

There's no need to complicate, our time is short..
bbbamI is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-15-2010, 08:05 AM   #23
Thinks s/he gets paid by the post
Originally Posted by Leonidas View Post
I always thought it was one of those macho-dominated society things. The guys do plenty of stealing and scamming, but compared to their women folk it's like a hobby or something.

And then they have 20 variations of the word "piss" to mean everything except urination.
In gypsy culture, I think it's a matriarchal society. You know, the Golden Rule: She who has the gold, rules.
Please consider adopting a rescue animal. So very many need a furr-ever home and someone to love them! And if we all spay/neuter our pets there won't be an overpopulation to put to death.
Orchidflower is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-16-2010, 10:25 AM   #24
Moderator Emeritus
Originally Posted by REWahoo View Post
... but there was a little problem in communication when he handed her a specimen cup and asked her to spend a penny...
At least he didn't ask her to "shoot a Yankee"...

The book written on, "The Military Guide to Financial Independence and Retirement", on sale now! For more info see "About Me" in my profile.
I don't spend much time here anymore, so please send me a PM. Thanks.
Nords is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-16-2010, 12:08 PM   #25
Full time employment: Posting here.
LOL - my male S.O. has far less risk tolerance than I do - really, almost none.

So his money isn't growing and mine is. I keep nagging him but although he is really smart and understands the whole thing, good at the math etc., he keeps wanting total security. Nice, but no longer a good bet. So he makes 2-3% on his money and frets, and I make 5% and up, and just watch it carefully.

There always have to be outliers to make the average work

thinker25 is offline   Reply With Quote