• $50,000-$250,000

Votes: 18 15.7%
  • $250,000-$500,000

Votes: 8 7.0%
  • $500,000 or more

Votes: 67 58.3%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
Since I'm a LBYM type of person, I'll probably have some left over. But it's tempting to live like a king (no, not Larry King :LOL:) in my final years and let whatever happen happen for those left behind to worry about.

$50,000-$250,000
-------------------
I'll start taking money from retirement accounts later this year. Have already increased how much I give away.

Anything leftover goes to some local charities and maybe some friends.

I'm pretty sure that this existence is all a dream of mine, and when I die it will all go poof! So, nothing. :whistle:

In theory - all of it since our retirement plan is to maintain the real value of our assets and live off the real return.

In practice - I have no idea.

It depends. If DW goes first, I will spend it all. If not, then I have to leave something for her.

After all, I have to be able to live with myself. But wait, I'll be dead, so does it matter?

Now I'm getting a headache....:confused:

Since I'm a LBYM type of person, I'll probably have some left over. But it's tempting to live like a king (no, not Larry King :LOL:) in my final years and let whatever happen happen for those left behind to worry about.

Don King? :LOL:

Haven't thought about it much. FireCalc says at the end of the plan the remaining pile could be anywhere from 1/5 to 5 times its current size. I suppose if, over the course of the plan, we are fortunate and the portfolio grows a lot we might increase spending a little.

Last edited:
It depends. If DW goes first, I will spend it all. If not, then I have to leave something for her.

After all, I have to be able to live with myself. But wait, I'll be dead, so does it matter?

Now I'm getting a headache....:confused:
Looks like you'll be going first......:whistle:

I won't be able to die broke unless I am forced out of my house and have to sell it and give the proceeds to the retirement village just to live there.

I don't really care.

I think it is likely we will leave to my children quite a bit of money. As much as I have posted here threatening to spend it all as I cannot take it with me, the truth is that I am too chicken. I want to enjoy life and to live right at my means and not below it, but the market god giveth and he also taketh. Who knows what one's means really is next year?

And then, how many times have I posted here that I think I am a manifestation of Duck McScrooge? What if I keep enjoying counting my money more than spending it?

PS. Just the other day, I heard this trivia question on the radio. "How much does a million dollar weight, in single dollar bills?"

On top of my head, I would have guessed a few hundred pounds, but the answer was more than 2,200 lbs!

In 100-dollar bills, it still weights 22lbs and is a 4-foot high stack!

I also don't know or care very much. I have no kids to leave anything to so have set up a will to liquidate estate and set up a scholarship fund for math and science students from the local high school.

The max...I want to leave as much behind as possible. I have a disabled child, and want to make sure he is well taken care of. Plus, for me the gift is in giving.

I said $500M or more. I have a while until I retire, and my situation is in flux, but being the conservative person I am, I'll plan to have lots left over at age 90, and then if it seems like I really will have a lot, I'll start spending more (extra travels etc). I don't have kids, but I have two nieces. I like the idea of helping with their college, but they'll be out before I retire, and my sister/brother-in-law don't really need my help anyway. So the nieces will split my leftovers with the various charities I support.

My current projections for age 90 are between $1.2M and $7.5M. If I die tomorrow, the answer is about $850K.

PS. Just the other day, I heard this trivia question on the radio. "How much does a million dollar weight, in single dollar bills?"

On top of my head, I would have guessed a few hundred pounds, but the answer was more than 2,200 lbs!

In 100-dollar bills, it still weights 22lbs and is a 4-foot high stack!
Oooooh Weeeee....more than enough for me to roll around in! :ROFLMAO:

Oooooh Weeeee....more than enough for me to roll around in! :ROFLMAO:
It's enough even in $100 bills, I think. :) Crisp new Benjamin bills.

Oops. OMG! That would give you terrible paper cuts, my dear! :nonono:

It's enough even in $100 bills, I think. :) Crisp new Benjamin bills.

Oops. OMG! That would give you terrible paper cuts, my dear! :nonono:
I'll takes mah chances....well, as long as I can keep a few...:cool:

What will be left when I leave ?
1- A lot of JJill clothes
2- chico jewelry
3- My Little Souls doll collection
4 -Sandals in every shade imaginable
5- My antique china collection
6- wine glasses that have been in my family forever
7-Tons of sample products from when I bought make up
8- The pictures my children drew for me years ago
9- My Christmas ornaments that have been collected from all my travels
10-My Curious George book with my scribbling in it
11- My girl scout hand book
12-Lots of well read travel guides
13- cookie cutters that have been handed down for generations
14- My orginal corning wear from 1968
15- My Porcelianized enamel cookware from the 60's
16- Lots of photo albums
17- The cards from the cribs when my children were born
18-Assorted furniture
19 - a house
20 - a few million

I'll takes mah chances....well, as long as I can keep a few...:cool:

No! I was referring to you rolling around in your own pile!

What's mine is, well, mine!

No! I was referring to you rolling around in your own pile!

What's mine is, well, mine!
:LOL:

Take a deep breath....in...out...in...out....

Don't worry....I know the chances of me gettin' a dime out of this frugal bunch is nil....:ROFLMAO: But that's ok...and yes, I have my own. ;)

Will you post pictures? From what I have seen, you might just do that. Please, pictures, please?

Back
Top Bottom