How to enter market with 300K- with TODAY's (markets all time high)

MN_1021

Dryer sheet aficionado
I am looking for specific Mutual funds and ETF recommendation on what to buy and why -for 300K that I have in my pocket now and need to put to work.

I am not going to need this money for another 15 years, so should I be much worried about the upcoming recession (if there is something like that).

Thanks,

MN Guy

Wow, way too broad a question for a meaningful answer IMO. What’s your current and target asset allocation by asset class just for starters? And where, e.g. Vanguard, Fidelity, other?

And I assume you want the market to make many new highs, as it always has. Unless you can time the market, dollar cost average in over a year if you don’t want to invest sooner/faster. Odds are good you’ll do well in 15 years either way.

Last edited:
... I still can’t see how it’s demonstrably better to anything but lump it all into a total stock / bond fund mix duo and call it a day if your really going to leave it alone for 15 years.
Why include bonds, which over that period of time are virtually guaranteed to be a drag on returns?

Sidebar ad just showed up: Our trading guide shows beginners how to earn extra income trading options

ignore that ad

T Rowe Price Large Cap Growth R6 fund. (TRLGX) has treated me very well this year (23%YTD), and in 2017. When all others were in negative numbers for 2018, I still made 3%.

In that thread, OP had 200K, and wouldn't need to touch it for 7-8 years,
and never answered any of the meaningful questions posed, nor posted again.
Now, 4 months later, OP has 300K and won't need to be touching it for 15 years.
Maybe the OP should put the $300k in the same place as they put the $200k. Easy Peasy.

Cheers!

I wish my portfolio would grow $100K every 4 months, I wouldn't still be working.

In that thread, OP had 200K, and wouldn't need to touch it for 7-8 years,
and never answered any of the meaningful questions posed, nor posted again.
Now, 4 months later, OP has 300K and won't need to be touching it for 15 years.
True, but in the earlier thread it was going to be an inheritance. Maybe when the estate was finally settled, they wound up with 300K instead of 200K.

I thought maybe I smelled a troll, but the OP has told a reasonable consistent story for a few years. Still, I'm not really interested in answering nearly the same question for someone who really isn't participating much. At the very least it would be better if they bumped their own threads with an update so we can see the history, instead of starting people back at ground zero with answers.

Back
Top Bottom